Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

Re: Soundlink mini 2 - flashing red light

Tony_G,

There's no Brazilian version for support page - the links showed there are the same that are used to Argentina:

https://www.boselatam.com/es_ar/index.html

https://www.boselatam.com/en_ar/index.html

And I tried to locate a service center address in both links, browsing a lot, but I wasn't able to find it 😞

Anyway, thanks for your support!

Anhnguyen0905,

If you find a way to reset the firmware via USB, please let me know 🙂

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Consoni,

HERE is a link of support numbers in Latin America. Brazil is listed on the right hand side. @Anhnguyen0905 we would recommend contacting your local Bose support by going HERE.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Sorry but there's no local support in Viet Nam. Though i can find some retailers 🙂
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Anhnguyen0905

We have contact info for an Authorized Service Center below:

Warranty:
Ms. Tran Thi Kim Chi - Authorized Service Center (ASC) 
103 Nguyen Binh Khiem Street, Da Kao Ward, District 1, HCMC.Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 
Phone: + 84-8-39112198 
Email: customerservice@bose.upsv.vn
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday: 8:30 - 17:30 / Saturday: 8:30 am - 12pm

Hope that helps

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

I'm also having this issue.

I get a flashing red light when the unit is plugged in to AC power, an no lights at all when it's on battery. Then unit will not turn on at all.

I downloaded the updater. When it asks me to plug my SLM2 into the computer all I get is one flash of orange light, then the red flashing light again. The update does not start.

Please help!!!

Cheers,

Dan
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2017

hello tony i am having these same problems and have done all the tricks. i live here in canada and would like to what to do as a next step. i have tryed multipul cords with the speaker to computer and it will not show up on my desk top. it is plugged in the power and yet has a blinking red light. the item was purchased as a guift for this christmas

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2017

Yesterday I had the same problem. Software issue. Battery goes to sleep mode. Updating via USB on Bose website solves the problem. I checked the battery and it was not showing any voltage but managed to get it working outside the unit with a charger. I disassembled my speaker and updated it without any problems. Having the privilege to see it inside I assure its a marvel. Very very well built.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

Thank you so much! Upgrading fix the charging issue.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

Hey,

There is a way to downgrade software - it's explained in the post: https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Audio-Quality-Concerns-Since-Bose-Connect-QC35-1-2...

Basically, when you go through software updater and it says there is no update available, you need to type the following keys: [a], [d], [v], [up arrow], [down arrow].

I've downgraded to an older version but it didn't work. Then I updated it to the latest version but it didn't work either...

I sent it to Bose technical service and to fix it here in Brazil, since it's out of warranty, they'll charge me, at least, 80 USD - I'm not going to pay it 😞

Good luck for you!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2017

You need to upgrade the software. Why you would like to downgrade it? I assume that the problem is that the battery charger sends the cells to sleep mode. When I took the battery out showed 0v, I then gave it some voltage and it woke up showing full charge. As soon as I connected it the system out it again to sleep. So I disassembled the whole unit, put a normal battery, upgraded the software, solder the battery again and that was it!