Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

Re: Soundlink mini 2 - flashing red light

I downgraded it because there wasn't any upgrade available for me and I couldn't reset it - so I believe that downgrading it could be a possible solution, since the speaker would be reset in the process 🙂

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2017

So weird try to check the battery voltage. Perhaps your problem is different.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2017

Thanks consoni,

After trying all other options this worked for me. I downgraded the firmware and as I was about 80% through the update when my speaker turned on and started flashing orange. I was able to turn it on and it connected to all devices with no issues. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2017

Hi George,

I just want to seek help. I tried to update the firmware but it shows "Please connect your Bose product", even if it is already connected and still flashing red light. Is there any other way or did I miss something? I hope you can help me. Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

Re: SoundLink Mini II - Solid Red Light, will not power up

Hello,

here its a solid red battery light on my SoundLink.. cant turn it on..

@Mohsin_S wrote:

Try rebooting the processor by following these steps below:

1. Connect the speaker to power
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button
  5. Wait another 10 seconds
  6. Reconnect the power cord.

i tried that -  i tried several cables... i tried it with cradle and without... 

when pressing the Multi-Function button for 10 seconds -> the light will switch to blinking-orange - after i release the button, it goes out (no light at all) or when i plug power in it blinks 1 time orange and switch back to red again... nothing happens... same story over and over
cant update it, cant use it ... 😞 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

I tried downgrade method and it worked.
When you downgrade fw of your speaker, dont worry about failure. Let them fail, i tried about 3-4 times. After 3-4 times failure, Speaker fell into recovery mode, and re-install fw again. It works.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2017

Thanks Anhnguyen0905.

But my problem is I cannot attempt to update the firmware as the device cannot be detected. It says Connect the device even if it is already connected. I tried to disconnect and connect several times but same result. I even refresh the webpage to refresh connection but still unsucessful.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@riotmode Unfortunate to hear about your experience so far. We recommend the best thing to do at this point is to reach out to your local Bose Support for the best options. Contact info found here in case you need it. 

Mohsin

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

@Mohsin_S , thank you for the fast response!

i called the serviceline 2 min. ago, they gave me an adress for a servicepartner in my country and i get a replacement battery

thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2017

Olá.

Estou com o mesmo problema. Já atualizei o firmware para a ultima versão. Funcionou perfeito por algumas horas ou menos... Na verdade imediatamente após a atualização, deu como se a bateria estivesse a 100 %.

Mas, como disse, horas depois voltou a piscar o led vermelho do power e não liga.

Pretendo levar para Portugal, onde comprei no ano passado, mas não tenho mais a NF.   Veremos.

De qualquer modo, diante de tantos casos identicos não pretendo voltar a comprar este modelo. É uma pena pois é o que há de melhor no mercado.

Abs,