Aug 5, 2017
THANK YOU! I had the same frustrating blinking red light, unresponsive unit and no charge. Spent ages trawling through these pages for an answer.
This worked for me (for the time being) - hopefully Bose can get their act together and actually provide a solution for what must be thousands of customers having issues with their 'premium' product.
I have the same problem.
The software is up to date per the above. The red flashing light never goes away, not even after a reset.
I am assuming no response will arrive from Bose here. I suggest to anyone else getting this problem that the product is faulty and needs replacing. In the UK we ring a phone number per their website.
The following last resort worked for me to solve the red flashing light issue:
1. Download the software updater package
2. Connect the speaker to your computer with the USB
2. Go to the http://btu.bose.com site
3. Wait until it connects to your speaker and gives the software version
4. Whatever happens, you need to update the firmware (either upgrade or downgrade). That's what does the necessary reset.
5. To downgrade, you need to press these keys in order: 'a', 'd', 'v', 'up arrow', 'down arrow' and all of a sudden alternate versions appear.
6. Upgrade or downgrade. Makes no difference.
7. At about 80% you'll see the red flashing light go orange and there are beeps and things
8. You're done.
Aug 5, 2017
I can't get past the connection of the speaker to the computer. The speaker's red light just starts blinking and nothing happens in the btu.bose.com site. The "please connect your Bose product" stays there, unaffected.
Anyone else with the same issue? Can somebody help me?
Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried resetting the speaker?
A factory reset clears paired mobile devices and language settings from the speaker and returns it to original factory settings.
In addition, you could also try putting the speaker into "Ship Mode"
Give that a try and come back and update us.
Thanks for responding and all the troubleshooting you have already done. It looks like it's time to contact your local Bose support here. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"
Let us know how it goes
Thank you for your message. I tried both, but they didn't work. I don't know what else to do.
If the speaker is unplugged, I can't turn it on. It does nothing.
If it's plugged, then the red light of death starts blinking. If I connect it to my MacBook and open the btu website, it never gets recognized as connected.
I'm starting to think that it might be a MacBook issue? Anyone else tried the btu website using a Mac?
Help please. And thanks for the support!