Hmb
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 22, 2017

SoundLink Mini II Will Not Charge - Red Light Flashing

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. We have a mini soundlink 2 that won't charge. When plugged in (either to the wall direct or on its dock) the battery light flashes red, showing there's no power. Tried plugging in to a computer and same thing. And device does not register on computer. When unplugged nothing lights up at all. I tried the middle button and holding that for 15 seconds makes battery light flash and go yellow. But then (whether I unplug it or not) the battery light goes back to flashing red. Any ideas???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundlink MIni II Will not charge

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Mohsin_S

Hello all,

We appreciate everyone taking the time to write in and we’re sorry to hear about the power-related issues you’re having with your SoundLink Mini II system. There are a few troubleshooting steps we can go through here that can help to resolve your issue; let’s first identify the version of the SoundLink Mini you have as the steps will differ.

The easiest way to determine if you have the SoundLink Mini Series I or II would be to count the number of buttons on top. The SoundLink Mini I has six buttons and the SoundLink Mini II has five buttons.

If you have the SoundLink Mini I system, please see our thread here which will provide further details.

If you have the SoundLink Mini II system, please continue reading for troubleshooting suggestions.

Try placing your speaker into ship mode to see if that helps. To enable ship mode:

1. Bypass the charging cradle and connect the speaker directly to USB power supply
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button

Please also visit our Bose Updater site (btu.bose.com) to attempt an update to the system. The site will provide further instruction on the update process.

These troubleshooting suggestions can also be found here on our YouTube channel.

If the issue persists, it seems we’re unable to correct this with troubleshooting and the system would be in need of service. We suggest reaching out to our technical support team in your region who can help to get you back up and running. Contact details can be found here by selecting your region from the list.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

385 REPLIES 385
LottieLotta
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 22, 2016

Brand new Soundlink Mini II will not charge or turn on!

I've just unboxed a brand new Soundlink Mini II and found that it doesn't turn on, at all. I've connected it to the charging dock and waited 40 minutes thus far, and still nothing. No lights switch on, no matter how long I hold the power button down for. I've tried searching teh web for this issue but can't find anything. Can anyone help? I have a party tomorrow and I bought this especially :S 

Re: Brand new Soundlink Mini II will not charge or turn on!

Hello LottieLotta,
Sorry your new Soundlink Mini II does not have any power. There are a couple steps we should try before determining the issue is for certain within the Soundlink Mini II speaker:

• Try plugging the power cord directly into the speaker, bypassing the cradle, and see if this will charge the system.
  • If you have not done so, try a different outlet.
  • Try to press the power button with a quick press, as holding for too long may not be registered by the system as a power command. 
  • Lastly, while the system is plugged in, press and hold the multi-function (middle) button on top of the system. While holding, remove the power cord from the system, then release the button. After doing so, try turning the system on and see if it powers up. 

If all these steps fail to restore power to the system, there may be a hardware issue within the speaker or the power supply. If this is the case, the best course of action would likely be to replace it at the point of purchase, or to contact your local support line (using the information here for the US or here for all other locations) for further assistance.
I apologize if the system is indeed faulty out of box, but if you have any further questions, please leave us a reply below. 
symphony_sid
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 1, 2016

Soundlink mini 2 - flashing red light

Hello, I love playing music from my SLM 2 but after plugging it directly into a iphone usb charger into the wall last night I found it this morning with a consistently flashing red led, I have tried the reset and the hard reset and it still flashes without stopping, the only time it turns orange is if i hold the multifunction button down, does anyone have any advice, im a little worried about it, thanks in advance.
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink mini 2 - flashing red light

Hi Symphony Sid,

The flashing red LED definitely indicates a power issue on the system. In some cases this is resolved by updating the software on the system (the latest version did fix a few charging related bugs.) To perform this update, start at http://updates.bose.com
If the issue persists even after that update process is complete, then you would need to contact Bose support locally to arrange service for your SoundLink speaker.  In the USA you can call 800-379-2073 - Hours are M-F 9am to 8pm EST; Saturday 9am-6pm; In other regions you can find contact details by visiting http://global.bose.com  and selecting your country from the drop-down menu.

pvinton
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 2, 2016

The battery light was red evenm with the power cord plugged directly into the speaker

Hi Pvinton, 

If, like the original poster,  your product is a SoundLink Mini series II it would be a good idea to update the software to the latest version. You can start here to perform that update: (https://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/product_selection/page.html)

If the update does not resolve the issue, you would need to contact local service using the links Brent left in his post above.

Yukon58
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

I have the same issue, although it looks like all three (Amber, Green, and Red) are flashing.  Let's hope its just an software issue, because mine's out of warranty... 😞
Windt
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2016

Thanks George,
Updated and worked. I was worried I was going to have to replace the battery.
delajadaniel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2016

Thanks so much George,
The update solve the problem for me too.