Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Bose SoundLink Mini will not charge pls help me red light flashing

im from ecuador I buy my Bose sound link mini years ago in Miami (apple stores), I try to do everything but my Bose doesn't charge and this a red light flashing, always, connected with the battery and unplug, please help me.

before this my sound link towards a strange noise. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Re: SoundLink Mini II Will Not Charge - Red Light Flashing

my soundlink mini 2 won't hold a charge, is flashing a red light. i have tried everything i can find online about resetting it, but nothing has worked. updated the firmware, held the multifunction button while plugged in - unplugged released, held power button for 10 seconds. 

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Bose Soundlink Mini II Won’t Charge

I was down the beach over the weekend. My Soundlink Mini II was splashed with a little ocean water. The speaker continued to play but later on in the day it would not charge when plugged in. Initially a yellow light would flash and then the light would turn red and stay on. Now a few days later when connected to power a yellow light flashes initially and then nothing. No charge and the speaker won’t turn on. I tried holding down the multi use button for 10 seconds and then a yellow light flashes and I disconnect from power and release the button as I have seen that recommended on other threads. Nothing works to get the speaker to turn back on. Please help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2020

Bose Sound Link Mini 11 Suddenly not charging despite good battery, Red Light flashing

I can see I am not the first in this subject, but am yet to find the answer!? 

My Bose was working perfectly for about a year and a half. No trouble with battery charging and battery was still lasting for many hours as expected when charged. 

I left the bose to do a top up charge (it had 30% left) and when I returned the power button was flashing red, the device will not switch on . 

I have tried the suggested reset, using the multi function button, this did not work , power button very briefly flashes orange, then back to red.

I have tried the Bose Connect online update, the updater recognises the speaker and says it is running the latest update, but this still has not fixed the problem. 

I am using the original USB cable (have also tried the charging doc) still no joy. 

It is a real shame, and black mark against the Bose brand, that this is obviously a common problem with the Sound Link Mini 11 , yet Bose want £50 for a service/repair? Sadly , having been a fan of Bose for so long, I will be moving to Sonos in the future. Speakers should last longer than this and if you have a known common fault, Bose should surely repair for free until this issue is resolved. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2020

Charging

The charging cradle for my soundlink mini 2 won’t charge

Any  trouble shooting tips?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Soundlink Mini 11 won't charge - Fix for flashing red light

Hi - I have read countless possible solutions for fixing this issue whereby unit goes into protection mode but they dont seem to resolve the majority of issues.

I tried resetting the unit and then pressing the middle button for 10 seconds without success and then trying a firmware update but the updater said my speaker was running the latest version.

I then found on the internet a video whereby the user said if you then type :-

ADV ( in capitals ) and then the up arrow and then the down arrow

it will show an additional box and then most importantly give you the chance to click a button saying "apply changes"

This will then reinstall the latest firmware and your speaker will unlock from protection mode and charge as normal.

I dont know why BOSE dont explain this on their website as when i had exhausted the solutions suggested by BOSE i was left with the option of paying £50 to send the device away to be fixed.

This solution takes seconds and will fix the problem  - good luck !

Highlighted

Re: Charging

Hey Gsebire, 

Thanks for posting. 

Just to confirm, can your speaker be charged without the charging cradle? If not, there are some great steps in this thread to get you up and running again. 

Let me know which you have tried and how you got on?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

sound link mini11 not charging red light constant

hi My soundlink mini11 stopped charging it is used regularly and when connected to power supply the red light is constant is it possible to buy a new battery? how much?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

Bose Soundlink2 is not getting charged

Hi,

I have bought this speaker a year back and suddenly it stopped getting charged. Tried doing it both through laptop and direct USB in a wall charger. I have also followed the steps mentioned in the other posts.

Any support or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Vivek Singla

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

Mini Soundlink II does not charge or power on, after Firmware update

Hello,

I recently updated the firmware on my Mini Soundlink II and now it will not power on.  I have tried all the recommendations suggested online and still no power.  When I plug charging cord to the device the power indicator blinks once in an orange color, then nothing.  I've own my device now for several years.  Purchased in Oct, 2016 and haven't had a problem like this occur before.  Please Help.