SusannaW
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Bose soundlink mini 2 red flashing light

I have tried everything!!! The LED on my device continuously flashes red when connected to power, I have tried all the suggestions here (entering ship mode, updating my device - there are no updates):

https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/SoundLink-Mini-II-Will-Not-Charge-Red-Light-Flashing/m-p/4881...

My warranty has ended and I can't afford to pay £50 just to fix a simple software issue (I'm a student). Any other suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you

BeeRye
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

SoundLink Mini II Will Not Charge - Solid Red Light

I have tried just about every troubleshooting step I could find, but this speaker will not charge. We haven't had it more than 6 months and now it just won't charge. Tried it on the cradle, off the cradle. Tried different charger cords and power supplies, including the provided. Left overnight to charge, still solid red light in the morning. Have tried hold the middle button down to put in "Ship State", still nothing. Was going to see about warranty, but apparently the warranty is expired. Thankfully this was a gift, because at this point it's a paperweight.

tonibabes
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

Re: SoundLink Mini II Special Edition - FW Update 1.0.13

hi, my soundlink is still flashing red.  i have tried resetting and putting in ship mode with no luck. i have also tried to use the updater but nothing happens.  i have tried finding supported items but still nothing.  what should i do next?

lly
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

Re: SoundLink Mini II Will Not Charge - Red Light Flashing

The product is up-to-date.

I placed it into ship mode and waked the product again, but the power light is still red and keeping flashing.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

UniqueUserIDRequired
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2021

Bose Soundlink Mini will not charge

Bose product name Sound Link Mini

Country USA

Firmware Version: Not Known

App Version: N/A

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: N/A

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

A couple of months ago my SoundLink Mini started saying it had less and less power when I turned it on even though it was plugged in (90%, then 80%, etc). It now will not turn on at all. When I plug it in it will beep and the red light is solid. After charging for many hours it will not turn on even when it is plugged in. When I unplug it, the red light goes out and it will not work.

Where do you run into the issue? My home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? See above

Any troubleshooting steps you took See above

abairliom
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2021

BOSE Soundlink ii Battery Red Light

Battery error light (red) began blinking while charging. All steps followed, attempted reset, battery storage mode, software update,all while using the supplied cable. Contacted technical support and requested to pay £50 for repair. From this forum it would appear this is a known fault for the sound link mini. Very poor from Bose that they are not willing to rectify this.

steve2376783
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2021

Re: Soundlink MIni Will not charge

I see many other people have had similar issues with their Bose Soundlink Mini speakers not charging but the posted solutions have not worked for me. 

I use my speaker pretty infrequently and it usually just sits at my desk. I recently plugged it in to charge and the speaker beeped and the light started flashing orange as if it were charging, but the battery percent did not increase from where it was at. I listened to music for a while with the speaker sitting on its dock and the battery did not go up or down. If I take the speaker off the charger, the battery will go down, but it won't come back up when I plug it in again. 

I have tried using the dock to charge it and the original cable plugged directly into the unit and both had the same effect. I have also tried turning it off and on again, and resetting the unit by holding the center button for 10 seconds. 

Is there any way to fix this? Or will I just have to throw it away if I ever remove it from the charger and let the battery drop to zero?