Registered since

Nov 24, 2016

Re: Soundlink mini 2 - flashing red light

Worked for me too. Thanks very much George - I feared that I was doomed to walk in darkness...
Registered since

Nov 25, 2016

worked for me too. Thanks a lot
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Thanks a lot. It worked. 🙂
Registered since

Dec 9, 2016

Guys,  How can I do that, I already downloaded the update to the computer, but how can I put it into the speaker?
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Re: Brand new Soundlink Mini II will not charge or turn on!

I am experiencing the issue of not being able to receive a charge i use my bose Mini Soundlink ii to go to sleep with and when i woke it was at 50% power its been charging for 3 hours with no charge to its name i have tried multiple outlets for 30 minutes a piece and still no difference in charge. i have tried using the docking station (The cradle as you call it) and the USB charger directly to the unit its self i purchased this item back in July of 2016. disconnecting it from the cradle and or USB gives the disconnect tone its no longer receiving power. but it doesn't feel like any power is being received to the device. is there any chance this device has at least a warranty?
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2016

I had the same problem but I solved it. I was using an existing mini-USB cable to connect the Bose SoundLink Mini II cradle to its charger. When I replaced the old cable with the Bose-supplied cable, my problems went away completely.

I figured this out when the Bose firmware updater did not recognize the speaker as being connected when using the old cable to connect it to my PC. When I used the Bose cable, the Bose software immendately recognized my speaker (which already had the current firmware). When I connected the Bose cable from the charger to the cradle, the speaker started charging normally.

My guess is that the Bose product components' (cradle and speaker) USB connectors require a solid USB 3.0-compliant cable connection to work properly with either the charger or the PC/Mac. Since my Bose-supplied cable works properly, I'll continue to use that and not validate my hunch that it's a USB 3.0 compatibility issue.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thank you MrWizard90 for providing this insight. While it is true that some alternate USB chargers will work, it is best to start with the Bose-provided cable if there is a charging issue. 

LiquidSharingan, if you continue to have this issue after trying the steps above provided by Thomas, it would be best to speak with local support HERE and we can get this resolved for you. 

Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2017

Hi George! I Have 100% the same issue wit hno charging, flashing redlight etc., it was appeared while I played the music by batter and battery was down, then I docked the Soundlink Mini 2 and continued to listen to music, for about 1 min and then it down. I used original dock and charger, tryed to update and Bose Updater says I have latest version 1.1.4 can only switch languages. Reset pressing multifunctional button will only comes with flashing orange color. What would you suggest? Possibly 1.1.5 will help, when it will be available? I purchased  from official Bose retailer in Latvija 4-5 months ago and have warranty still valid for 18 months, but I suppose issue is in Lithium-Ion battery archtecture, is that possible to somehow refresh the device without going to the service, as I beleive the whole proccess will last for months. 2-3 weeks they will investigate, then say it si warranty issue, and another 3-8 weeks I will wait with nothing untill they repair. Thanks in advance.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Norrsken,

In some cases it is possible for the battery status indicator and the “remaining charge level” to become out of sync after a period of inactivity. Running the battery down until you see the red battery status indicator illuminate and then reapplying power should resolve this. Also have you tried performing a factory reset? A factory reset clears paired mobile devices and language settings from the speaker and returns it to original factory settings. Press the Power button to turn the speaker on. Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds. The system will turn off once it has been reset.

Let us know

Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2017

SoundLink Mini II - Solid Red Light, will not power up

I have a soundlink mini 2 speaker which i purchased 6 months ago, over the past week it will not charge and when connected to power the red light flashes only. Nothing else, can anyone help????