SoundLink Mini II firmware downgrade

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

SoundLink Mini II firmware downgrade

Hello,

Is there a way to DOWNGRADE SoundLink Mini II firmware please?

A few month ago, I successfully downgraded firmware using Bose Firmware Updater.

Now, It shows only version 1.1.4.

TIA,

Thierry

11 REPLIES

Re: SoundLink Mini II firmware downgrade

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

There is no way to downgrade or revert the firmware on your Soundlink Mini II.

Is there a reason why you want to downgrade?  Are you having an issue with your system?

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Silent Starter

I've been unable to use my Bose Mini Soundlink || speaker since the middle of the summer as for some reason it stopped working. I was talked through the upgrading software process and completed it, to which it now has the 1. 1. 4 software. However, it has stopped working yet again and i haven't the slightest clue why. Very disappointed considering how much the product cost and how much i've promoted the product. I have only had the speaker two years.

Many thanks,

Sofi.

Hi Sofi,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your SoundLink Mini II.

Are any of the LEDs lighting up on the top?

Can you try THESE steps and see if they help?

Let us know so we can get this resolved.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Silent Starter

*** SOLVED ***

Hey Thierry,

Here's what solved my problem finally. 

The following last resort worked for me to solve the red flashing light issue:

1. Download the software updater package

2. Connect the speaker to your computer with the USB

2. Go to the http://btu.bose.com site

3. Wait until it connects to your speaker and gives the software version

4. Whatever happens, you need to update the firmware (either upgrade or downgrade). That's what does the necessary reset.

5. To go in advance mode, you need to press these keys in order: 'a', 'd', 'v', 'up arrow', 'down arrow' and all of a sudden alternate versions appear OR at least for me, a couple other things appeared. I wasn't able to change the version BUT, changing the language simply did the job and the software actually started being downloaded. 

7. At about 80% you'll see the red flashing light go orange and there are beeps and things

8. You're done.

9. At the end told me that the device can't start the update since the battery is too low. I just unplugged it & hooked it to the charger to be charged. 

I checked this solution 5 minutes ago and it worked. I am quite disappointed at Bose as always thought they're good. But this product & battery protection mode simply suck especially, since the cost of sending it to be serviced by them is higher than buying a new one right now. 

Cheers

Silent Starter

Hi Blueben / Silent Starter
Thank you for your help on getting the Mini 2 started again!! I’d like to add that after changing the language to French (and then back to English), I had to press the green “APPLY CHANGES” button - and, hey presto the software downloads, red light goes out at 60%, as you say a few beeps and orange flashes and the Bose starts up with a 50% charge!!!! why did Bose not tell me this before asking me to return the unit for repair....oh that would be so they can charge £65!!!
Audible Advocate

Hey.

So I've done all the steps above and all the button resets. And stilll haven't worked for me.

Funny thing is that the speaker works for a while, and then falls to the blinking red light mode once again. 

While those 20-30 seconds that it's alive - it's saying that the battery is at 100%. So i wonder why does it revert back to red blinking light ?
Answer was in the log - of the advanced installation page - Serial number dont match.
As i figure - 1.1.4 firmware has a bug. Misreading the serial number of the device to the battery, which breaks the charging process. 

Hello stroogy,

Thanks for posting. You might also try factory defaulting the speaker with THESE steps. Beyond that, if you continue to have power issues please contact Customer Support. Contact information can be found here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us".

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Audible Advocate

So that's what i've done also - contacted support. Answer was - needs to be serviced. But it is clearly a software issue. Which makes no sense to me.

I've also tried the reset you mentioned. This while breaking the firmware update procudure to make the speaker work for a few moments. But same result - speaker works for 20-30 second just fine. Then blinks red light and thats it, doesn't respond after that. 

Can you let me downgrade to 1.1.3 and see if it helps ? 

Audible Advocate

Also, didn't get an answer from russian support site for 3 days now.