Davedavedave
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2017

Re: SoundLink Mini II firmware downgrade

Bose just is not intrested,  easy for them to sort they just want more money from you

bose= Buy Other Sound Equipment

vtduc2209
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 13, 2019

Hi,

I have tried this way as your instruction. My device can work for about 2 days and now it suddently shut off, all led lights flashing frequency after about 10 seconds as same as before. 

MazharZuman
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 13, 2019

Hey Bluben,

I faced the similar problem and found out this bizarre solution. It worked perfectly. Thanks for writing it down. Anyway now it's a new challenge. My soundlink mini 2 won't start up. I have tried to reset the product. Tried the solution to "red light flashing problem". But no luck. Here is what I am facing right now.

1. It is not turning on. After it is connected to power adaptar (Bose Original and others) it gives a sound of turning on with light. But it actually dosen't. 

2. In the process of updating bluetooth light turns on and the speaker gets connected to nearby devices. But it gives a distorted sound. 

3. If the update process is completed then the speakers goes to same dead machine.

Any idea or any bizarre solution. Very frustated about this whole issue. They are giving headaches groove. 😞   

Community Manager

Hello MazharZuman,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your speaker not powering on and appreciate how frustrating that must be.

Have you tried using a different USB to Micro-USB charging cable? It sounds like your speaker may have developed a hardware fault as you may have exhausted all possible troubleshooting. I encourage you to reach out to your local support channels in your region to explore available service options by clicking HERE, select your region and use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Kindest,

Andy B

Ing.LucasAr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

Hello. 

I'm from Argentina. 

I want to write my disapoint about Bose and Bose Service technical. 
My Bose SoundLink Mini II has only two years. I have the same problem with the firmware and the red light.
I tryed all the steps and the speaker doesn't work. 

I clicked on "Contact US" and I wrote my problem. 
The Technical_support's answer was "buy a new Bose Revolve for 300 dollars (13.200 pesos Arg)"

What's kind of solution is that?

How can I get another firmware version? On the web page only appear the version 1.1.4.

SolMontoyaCorey
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

Hola, qué tal! Yo seguí las instrucciones de bluben. Lo único diferente es que cambié tres veces el idioma (primero español, luego ingles, y español nuevamente).
Te adjunto las instrucciones de él:

Here's what solved my problem finally.

The following last resort worked for me to solve the red flashing light issue:
1. Download the software updater package
2. Connect the speaker to your computer with the USB
2. Go to the http://btu.bose.com site
3. Wait until it connects to your speaker and gives the software version
4. Whatever happens, you need to update the firmware (either upgrade or downgrade). That's what does the necessary reset.
5. To go in advance mode, you need to press these keys in order: 'a', 'd', 'v', 'up arrow', 'down arrow' and all of a sudden alternate versions appear OR at least for me, a couple other things appeared. I wasn't able to change the version BUT, changing the language simply did the job and the software actually started being downloaded.
7. At about 80% you'll see the red flashing light go orange and there are beeps and things
8. You're done.
9. At the end told me that the device can't start the update since the battery is too low. I just unplugged it & hooked it to the charger to be charged.

I checked this solution 5 minutes ago and it worked. I am quite disappointed at Bose as always thought they're good. But this product & battery protection mode simply suck especially, since the cost of sending it to be serviced by them is higher than buying a new one right now.

Cheers
Ing.LucasAr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

Hola Sol. 

Lo intente cambiando el idioma varias veces, lo hice antes de presionar las teclas  'a', 'd', 'v', 'up arrow', 'down arrow' y lo intenté después de presionarlas. 

De cualquier forma lo q ocurre es  "Error, no hay actualizaciones disponibles para este producto".

Gracias por responder

daniccino
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

TL/DR: This method worked! The shipping mode method aggressively suggested by the company never worked for me but this did!

Literally thank you so much! I had my old Soundlink Color 1 sitting in my closet for around 3-4 years (got it for Christmas when I was around 15-16.) I was listening to music one day and the speaker died. I was unable to get any response from it when plugging it in, and I've been tinkering around with it for years, trying and retrying the suggested play/pause button shipping mode method with no results. I eventually gave up and ended up buying the SLC 2. Since then, however, I've found myself playing around with my old one, trying to get it to work and tonight, once again, I found myself tinkering around with it late at night, finally decided to plug it in to my computer and found that it seemed to still have some life in it due to it's firmware version showing up on the updater. Hoping that an update would bring it back to life, I was saddened to see the "up to date" message, and was about to give up when I saw your suggestion. The "advanced mode" literally saved my device; I was able to redownload the update and revive my old speaker, I can't thank you enough! I really hope more people see this as I've contiually seen countless of frustrated people commenting that the afformentioned "shipping mode" method didn't work for them. I'm confident this method would have worked for most of those people, had they seen it. 

Anyways, thank you!

Highlighted
Spanading
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

I have had this problem before and thought there was a button combination for a full factory reset. Not pressing the multi function button for 30 seconds ....etc, that did not work. I also remeber somewhere there was a sooution for downgrading by pressing a key combination in the BOSE updater page to reveal previous firmwares that could be downloaded, but I cannot seem to find that now either! These are not cheap speakers and Bose still sell them. They really need to fix this issue to keep my custom. My Apple HomePods are much better interms of sound quality! 

superwebber
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

My SLM 2 is fully charged, the led is green but the Bose updater doesn't recognise the speaker. I've tried different USB cables and different internet browsers and laptops and pc's. Still not able go recognise the speaker and perform an update. Help!