SoundLink Mini II sound cutting out

SOLVED
Author Accepted Answer selected by sjc

Re: SoundLink Mini II sound cutting out

Hello dmpace,

Thanks very much for the follow up and confirmation. This is great information for the Community!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

I’m having the same issue. I’ve reset the echo dot and it still won’t stay connected to one or the other. It cuts back and forth. This is a real pain.
Silent Starter

I have 2 Bose Mini II and 2 echos and both were cutting out. I updated the drivers on both and it worked for one of the Bose Mini II and the echo it was connected to but the other echo and Bose Mini II was still cutting out then tried the reset and worked like a charm.  Definitely the solution to the problem.  I am up and running on both devices now with killer sound.

Hi bford31,

Thanks for posting. We are glad to hear that! It will surely help other users in the community!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

How do I go about updating my drivers?

Silent Starter

I have a the same issue, I tried all of those steps and it is still very choppy. It is extremely annoying and I cannot get it to stop.

Highlighted

Hello mikesp53657! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty, but would be glad to help. To which source device(s) are you connected when you have this experience? Does it happen when connecting to different devices? Please also check to make sure that your speaker has updated firmware. You can do this with your USB charging cable and your PC. Navigate to btu.bose.com and follow the instructions there. 

Let us know so we can hep you further!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Took me a while to finally get around to trying out the solution of resetting and updating drivers. My drivers were up to date, so I just did the reset. Definitely did NOT "work like a charm" for me - and not a solution to the problem. The sound is killer, for sure, but the sound drops out about every 30 seconds or so when the Echo (mine is 3rd gen) is paired but is not the device playing. 

My guess is this is displaying an incompatability between how the Echo ensures Bluetooth speakers do not time out due to inactivity and how the Bose switches between two simultaneous connections. When the Echo triggers some sort of "stay alive" request to the speaker, it momentarily drops the sound from the other device. 

Certainly is a bit annoying when the echo device is in another room and I need to disconnect it so I can have music play without skipping.

Silent Starter

Has someone found a solution? ive tried both clearing the connections on mine, and resetting it, but no luck. using just a bose soundlink color though, so don't know if that matters.

Silent Starter

Still my BOSE soundlink mini speaker automatically goes off while playing.