SoundLink Mini II sound cutting out

SOLVED
Highlighted
sjc
Friendly Fanatic

SoundLink Mini II sound cutting out

I have a brand new SoundLink Mini II, and the sound "hiccups" every minute or so. I've tried using my iPhone, iPad, and Dell laptop and had the issue with all three. I have also played music that is saved on my iPad, so I've taken the wifi connection out of the equation. I have a friend with the first gen SoundLink Mini and he's never had an issue like this. Do I have a faulty bluetooth connection? Should I return this and try another one?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: SoundLink Mini II sound cutting out

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We agree with your friend that this is unusual behavior for the speaker and we'd like to help. Trying multiple devices and a music source that doesn't rely on wifi were both great troubleshooting steps. We appreciate you taking those measures prior to contacting us.

Let's start with a reset. With the speaker turned on, press and hold the Power button for ten seconds. The system will turn off once it has been reset. If that doesn't help, the next step would be updating the software, which you can find HERE. 

If you continue to experience this issue after that, it would be best to get in touch with your local support. You can find contact information HERE. 

sjc
Friendly Fanatic

I found out what actually did the trick, at least in my case. I have an Echo Dot, and when the Dot is connected to the speaker, it causes the sound to go in and out on any other device that I connect to it. The reset only worked because it disconnected from the Echo. If you have an Echo, just say "Alexa, disconnect from bluetooth speaker," and it'll do the trick. It'll automatically reconnect the next time you turn on the Bose.

60 REPLIES

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We agree with your friend that this is unusual behavior for the speaker and we'd like to help. Trying multiple devices and a music source that doesn't rely on wifi were both great troubleshooting steps. We appreciate you taking those measures prior to contacting us.

Let's start with a reset. With the speaker turned on, press and hold the Power button for ten seconds. The system will turn off once it has been reset. If that doesn't help, the next step would be updating the software, which you can find HERE. 

If you continue to experience this issue after that, it would be best to get in touch with your local support. You can find contact information HERE. 

sjc
Friendly Fanatic

Thanks Ryan_M! I'm embarrassed I didn't try that first... but the reset did the trick.

Audible Advocate

the best fix is buy another brand

3 Bose products failed in less than 90 days. two headsets, and there weren't cheap and minilink. The support sucks if you can ever get through or find their number. then they offer me 40 off on a new 250 headset. there are so many better products out there now, Jabra JBL to name a few. This company is awful!!!

Re: the best fix is buy another brand

Lemmy,

We will DM you to assist in the situation.

Tony

Quiet Contributor

I am trying to help our a friend with the speaker as well which is having the same issues and have tried both the reset as well as the software update and it continues to cut out. clicking on the link to get the local suppot simply takes me back to the same page that directs me to this page. Any sort of email or number I can call and ask some questions or figure out what we can do? Thanks

Jatroendle

We will send you a private message to assist.

Thanks

Quiet Contributor

Can you send me the details so I can get mine sorted too please.

Quiet Contributor

What I ended up doing was filling out a service request and because it was new enough they had me send it in and going to send a different one to see if that fixed the problem after we walked through all the possible troubleshooting. https://www.bose.com/en_us/forms/contact.html

Silent Starter

I had the same problem (with an Aux cable).