Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 6, 2016

Re: SoundLink Mini II sound cutting out

Hi I'm getting the same problem, aux cable is plugged in, it's sat on the base and saying it's charging, base is plugged into a PC usb outlet. I've tried resetting it, please assist.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Maxalbum,

Sorry to hear that. We would suggest contacting your local Bose support HERE. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Let us know how it goes

Tony

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 9, 2017

@Ryan_M wrote:

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We agree with your friend that this is unusual behavior for the speaker and we'd like to help. Trying multiple devices and a music source that doesn't rely on wifi were both great troubleshooting steps. We appreciate you taking those measures prior to contacting us.

Let's start with a reset. With the speaker turned on, press and hold the Power button for ten seconds. The system will turn off once it has been reset. If that doesn't help, the next step would be updating the software, which you can find HERE. 

If you continue to experience this issue after that, it would be best to get in touch with your local support. You can find contact information HERE. 

Problem was once the Bose device was connecte via BlueTooth the music was cutting in and out like back in olden times when people had loose speaker wires. Tried power button reset. Tried positioning speaker in 1.5m from the computer and get about 50-75% dropout and right on the floor next to the computer where I got 0% dropout.  (So if the speaker only works when it's right next to the computer one asks, why not just connect with a wire? )  Anyhew...is this a problem of signal strength?  Does the SoundLInk Mini II limit the BlueTooth power to get better battery life and can you change this?  Do you test your products?  I'm using windows 10, a pretty common platform you might have heard of, so I cannot imagine how this isn't a flawless product.

Followed instructions for Bluetooth Device updater.  File BoseUpdaterInstaller_1.3.6.1107.6258.exe downloaded and was run but then nothing happened.  Bose SoundLink Mini II is on dock connected to computer with USB cable for the update attempt otherwise connected via bluetooth.  I gues my comments will end up on the frustrated pile.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

My Soundlink Mini has been doing the same thing, but when I hold the power button for 10 sec, it never turns off. I updated the software and that didn't help either.  What next?  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

I've got a sound link mini 1 and it cuts out. It makes a pop sound then a crackle then nothing after 10 minutes it will turn back on. Then 10-15 minutes later the same thing. Connected to power or not. Any ideas please??
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hey @Ross, thanks for posting in. Let's trying giving it a reset:

1. Press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds, the LEDs will flash briefly. Press the Power button to turn the system back on

Can you give us an update on how that goes? 

Thanks again,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

I have the same problem, did the reset, uploaded the Bose adapter, restarted the computer, disconnected everytinh, reconnected everything, still does not work. Still skipping.

What are the next steps?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Mine packed up completely. So i bought something else to replace it. It was a soundlink mini 1 I found out in the end, 2 1/2 years old and **bleep**ed, I would have hoped something from bose would have lasted longer but this seems to be a comon problem that bose are in denial about.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by sjc

I found out what actually did the trick, at least in my case. I have an Echo Dot, and when the Dot is connected to the speaker, it causes the sound to go in and out on any other device that I connect to it. The reset only worked because it disconnected from the Echo. If you have an Echo, just say "Alexa, disconnect from bluetooth speaker," and it'll do the trick. It'll automatically reconnect the next time you turn on the Bose.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 25, 2017

I am having a similar problem. I bought my soundlink mini in January. It is now September and I am experiencing lots of skipping. However, I only have this problem when I am playing music from my Macbook Pro, and not my iPhone. I have tried resetting the speaker but it did not help