Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

SoundLink Mini II switching to AUX randomly and not working properly with Bluetooth pairing

Hi there,

My SoundLink Mini II has been working great while I've had it, but recently it's started getting static-y and then today it would randomly switch off of the Bluetooth pairing and turn to AUX (without an AUX cable in use). Then I try to re-pair to the computer via Bluetooth, but it won't work.

I've restarted the computer. I've checked that the firmware is up-to-date (yes). I've removed all paired devices from the speaker. I've reset the SoundLink Mini II to factory settings. Then added the device back via Bluetooth. It will re-pair to the computer and play for a few minutes then do the same thing of randomly switching to AUX (with no AUX cable).

What else can I do to troubleshoot this and get it to play via Bluetooth?

Thanks so much.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: SoundLink Mini II switching to AUX randomly and not working properly with Bluetooth pairing

Hello ashlynparish,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this sporadic behavior with your SoundLink Mini II speaker. You've already taken some great steps with the reset, update, and clearing the pairing list.

If you connect an alternative device, does the same thing happen?

Please check for any build-up of debris in the AUX port which may be triggering the speaker to auto-sense the AUX connection.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Re: SoundLink Mini II switching to AUX randomly and not working properly with Bluetooth pairing

Thanks so much. The location we purchased the Mini at just replaced it for us, which was so wonderful.

Appreciate your help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

I have exactly the same problem. Please help.

Highlighted

Hi csrajan, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

I'm sorry to hear you're also having this problem. Did you try the troubleshooting noted earlier by Charlotte G? I would strongly recommend checking the AUX port for debris buildup. 

If you continue to have issues, please contact local support to seek service.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!