Highlighted
SccrDon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

SoundLink Mini won't charge - Yellow light flashing

Greetings,

My SoundLink Mini speaker won't charge. The light blinks yellow. What do I need to do?

Regards,

Don

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SoundLink Mini won't charge - Yellow light flashing

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

HI SccrDon, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

11 REPLIES 11

Hi SccrDon, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue. The flashing amber power LED means that the system is charging. However from what you have said I worry that this is not the case. 

I would like to recommend some troubleshooting steps I believe may help:

• Ensure that your system is running the latest software via Btu.bose.com
  • Attempt to use another USB charging cable. 
  • Reseat the USB at both ends. 
  • Attempt to use another power outlet. 
  • If using a charging cradle try charging directly to the product instead.

If the issue still persists I would recommend performing a product reset, this can be done by turning on the speaker, then pressing and holding the Power button for ten seconds. Once reset, the speaker turns off.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

SccrDon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Thanks for responding, Hector. 

You’re right, even tho the light was blinking yellow it wasn’t charging. I had already tried all the things you suggested except the last one. So I tried that, and now the speaker won’t pair with my iPod. 

Any other suggestions?

Don

Hi SccrDon, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. You will need to forget the device from your Ipod before attempting to reconnect to the speaker. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

SccrDon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I have paired the iPod with the speaker. But the speaker still won’t charge. I’ve used different cables, different outlets, on and off the base. The software is current. Any other ideas?

Don

Hi SccrDon, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am very sorry to hear that this issue is still persisting. 

I would recommend putting the speaker into ship mode. What this does is it drains the speaker of all battery and reboots the processor. 

This can be done via:

1. Connect the speaker to a power outlet
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button

To wake the product from Ship mode, reconnect it to a power outlet, I would recommend leaving the speaker for an hour before rebooting. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Joeydc2424
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

Hey. I have a Bose sound link mini. And all it does is flash a red light. I’ve tried a software update. It’s currently up to date. I have tried pressing multifunction button. And waited an hour still just flashing a red light. I ordered a new battery. But the factory battery doesn’t unplug. It’s hardwired in. Is there really nothing I can do? Do I really need to buy another 200 dollar speaker?

Hi Joeydc2424, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. Can you please confirm that you have attempted all troubleshooting methods in this thread? 

If so  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

SccrDon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I can't get it to go into Ship mode. No matter how long I hold the Multi-function button, when I disconnect the power cord and release the buttong, it's still at 70% power and still won't charge.

What now?

Don

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

HI SccrDon, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B