joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: SoundLink Revolve and SoundLink Revolve Plus Firmware Update - 3.1.1 - February 16th

@neiroc 

When I make an outgoing call on my iphone 12+ (can't speak for droids), and the Revolve is connected via BT, the speaker switches back to the internal iPhone speaker but the BT connection remains.  Sometimes I tap speaker and then tap the Revolve - sometimes I have to do it two or three times.  But eventually it stays and I can hear audio from the Revolve and I never lose a BT connection. I never had to reconnect the BT connection.

If you have to keep reconnecting to BT, you issue is different from mine.  If you have the switching issue above - as I mentioned previously this is the behavior for ALL Bose BT speakers - not just the Revolve.  I have communicated this to Bose many times over two years.  With all due respect to Bose, I have no reason to believe they will ever change that behavior on any of their speakers.  The switching issue does NOT happen for the other BT devices such as the QC35 and Soundsport, for example.

neiroc
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2021

Re: SoundLink Revolve and SoundLink Revolve Plus Firmware Update - 3.1.1 - February 16th

@joelirwin 

I don't lose the BT connection with my device. I guess is the same issue you're experiencing with your iphone with the difference that i don't find a way to make it work with voip apps.

Since there was this firmware upgrade involving the phone call routing i thought it might be fixed.
I like the speaker itself but this bug is an annoying limitation, as you can understand. Thanks for sharing your experience.

dougw03
Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2018

I use my Soundlink Revolve for standard audio + HSP via Bluetooth with my Windows PC. I noticed after upgrading to 3.1.1 on MS Teams calls using the HSP profile there is now a much more noticeable lag in establishing the connection. I will hear about 1 second of audio from the call then have to wait about 5 seconds before the audio connection is established. I never had such a delay with 3.0.4. It seems like whatever improvement was made came at the expense of longer wait times. How do I revert back to 3.0.4?

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@dougw03(I do not work for Bose)

I may get this response wrong 🙂 but a year or two back (I think it was in 2018 or 2019), Bose established a policy across all it's BT 4.x products that it will only support upgrading to the most recent firmware version.  So it does not provide a way/avenue/path for downgrading.  Once you go to 3.1.1, there is no way to go back.

ABS59
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2021

Good Evening,

I have a Soundlink Revolve +,

Why is the Bose Music App not compatible with it, when searching devices it is not shown?

I have the Bose Connect app set up,

Regards

Andy Slater United Kingdom 

Jeff_G

Hello ABS59, 

Thanks for posting.

The SoundLink Revolve is part of our Bluetooth lineup of speakers so uses a software architecture which is compatible with Bose Connect only. Bose Music was designed for our Smart Home speaker lineup, which has recently extended support to our newer headphones built under the same architecture.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!