Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhishek69
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2021

Re: SoundLink Revolve and SoundLink Revolve Plus Firmware Update - 3.1.1 - February 16th

Even i sometimes leave my revolve plus for 2-3 months or even 4 months gap without powering it on

And yes it acts in a weird manner

Try plugging it for an hour and let it sit there charging 

And then long press the power button untill it shows sign of powering on

And after that long press the multifunction button for atleast 10-15 seconds.

It will reset 

Remember: patience is the key 

I hope your problem resolves

Happy listening and cheers brother 👍

ron0324
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2021

Re: SoundLink Revolve and SoundLink Revolve Plus Firmware Update - 3.1.1 - February 16th

I have the same issue, the bass is awful since the firmware update. 3.1.1.

I hope Bose will make an firmware update as soon as possible to correct the issue. 

Dysentrieb
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Does the new firmware offer an option to disable the automatic switching-on of the device?

(For me that is a very annoying "feature", which was introduced after I have purchased it)

If not, which firmware version do I need to downgrade to and how can I achieve that?

Vicky_W

@Dysentrieb, I am sorry but this is not a feature that has been removed. At this time, you are unable to downgrade firmware. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Steeves ON
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

Hi everybody, 

I'm very disappointed in the last update !! I lost a lot of volume power with the AUX connector and 

the bass sound less powerful. 

And yes, I already reset my devise but nothing changed. 

Any procedure to rollback the firmware version please ? or can you give us a release date for the next firmware that can solve those issue ? 

I hope this firmware update isn't a planned obsolescence... 

Thank you for help 

Charlotte_G

Hey @Steeves ON, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am sorry to hear that the audio quality has changed since the last update. It's great that you've reset your system, and I am sorry that this has not resolved it. 

Have you tried connecting another device to the speaker, and if so, are you experiencing the same issue? Also, when connecting via Bluetooth, is the audio quality affected?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Steeves ON
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

Hi @Charlotte_G thank you for your quick reply. 

"Have you tried connecting another device to the speaker, and if so, are you experiencing the same issue?" 

Yes, I tried the AUX connector with my laptop and my TV but still the same. 

"Also, when connecting via Bluetooth, is the audio quality affected?"

Via Bluetooth, I can hear less bass than the old firmware. But the volume intensity is normal.

Thank you 

Jeff_G

Many thanks for confirming Steeves ON. 

This certainly shouldn't be happening - nothing has been implemented that should cause such a problem to exist.

If the issue persists, however, please reach out to the local support team via this link to discuss service.

Thanks.

hmf_br
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2021

thanks for sharing this bad experience. I'm sorry to be going through this. I was about to update my Bose Revolve+ but I will wait for an upcoming update.

Peter-M
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2021

I fully agree to the complain about sound. Bose is (was?) famous for it´s saturated sound. To my opinion this kind of updating is not acceptable. To my understanding such substantial change of sound character MUST be announced in advanced as a WARNING before someone decides to make the update. 

Hi Bose: what would you do if your car seller tells you about an update he has made telling you that your car has only 50PS instead of 100PS -and he tells you something like "protecting your life on slippy bumpy roads forcing you not to reach the speed you have originally bought. I am sure, your are not amused but will force the car seller to change. 

This is the same I do herewith: I want the original Bose sound back. Now. This is just fair enough to let me enjoy what I bought from you in good faith.