SoundLink Revolve keeps disconnecting from Macbook Pro

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

SoundLink Revolve keeps disconnecting from Macbook Pro

Hi all, I haven't used my SoundLink Revolve in about 7 months and just turned it on. I had no issues with connectivity prior, but now that I've unearthed it from storage, I tried it out. It kept briefly connecting and immediately disconnecting from my Macbook Pro (early 2013), so I updated the speaker's firmware through the Bose Connect app.

I've also disconnected it from Bluetooth, and even debugged + reset my MBP's Bluetooth settings, and re-connected the speaker. It's still connecting to my laptop for about 1-2 seconds and then disconnects. I haven't gotten the speaker to work once with my MBP. I held the power button for 10 secondsto reset the speaker. It's connecting to my iPhone just fine, but having same issues with my laptop.

So perplexed on what to do next. Any advice? Thanks!

18 REPLIES

Re: SoundLink Revolve keeps disconnecting from Macbook Pro

Hi bosebean

Thanks for joining the community!  I'm sorry to hear about the connection issues, but would be glad to help!

Currently, where you have the Macbook Pro and the Revolve, are there any other Bluetooth devices on or connected to the Macbook?

What version of Mac OS are you currently running?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Hey Tony, Thanks for the help! I have a mouse and keyboard constantly connected to my Macbook Pro by bluetooth. I also use QC II headphones (new to my Macbook since unearthing my speaker from storage), but generally don't have them on at the same time as when I'm trying out the speaker.

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6. Hope that'll help clear something up? Thanks!

Hello bosebean

Thank you for replying back.  If I could have you default the speaker one more time while holding down the power button for seconds again, and then perform an SMC reset on the Macbook.  This will help to reset the hardware in the computer without losing any data or user settings.

• Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.
  • After your Mac shuts down, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds. If you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button.
  • Release all keys.
  • Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.

Once that's completed, please try to re-pair the speaker to the computer.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Audible Advocate

Hi,

I have the very same problem Smiley Sad Soundlink conects to my iphone without any problems. It connects to macbook pro for 1-2 seconds and then disconnects. I tried all of the recommendations I could find so far (reset Bluetooth setting, debug, reset Soundlink, let macbook forget all devices and then pair again) and even tried the method recommended here CSM reset. Nothing helped. What should I do?
Maybe important: this problem literally occurred over night. A few days ago I was still able to connect Soundlink to my macbook.

I have macbook pro mid 2013 running El Capitan.

Thank you in advance !

Hi vanillachina,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear about that. You mention that your speaker works fine with your iPhone, could I ask are you having Bluetooth issues with anything else on your Macbook?

If you could please let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hi Tony,

This unfortunately didn't work Smiley Sad I held my speaker button for 10 seconds to reset it, and then did the shift-control-option-power button, and then turned the computer on. Now I tried to connect it to both my mac and phone and it's saying Connection Unsuccessful, which happened once before that I got around (though the SoundLink would keep disconnecting from my laptop 1-2 seconds after it connected).

I'll try to get it paird at least to my Phone again, because I've been through this weird step before last week.

Any other ideas? :/

Thank you!

Audible Advocate

Hi Tony,

Thank you for getting back to me! I have solved the problem already ! 

I called Bose service in Germany and they told me to update the software on my speaker using the following link: http://btu.bose.com/ (basically connect the speaker using the USB cable and download and install the software).

After the update I could easily connect to my Macbook Pro again.

So happy!  Smiley Very Happy

x

Hi bosebean

Thanks for giving those steps a try.  Were you able to forget the speaker from the Mac and the iPhone?  If the mobile devices still have the speaker in the pairing list as not connected, it will try and reach out to the speaker with an old pairing and fail.  If doing this does not resolve the issue still, I would recommend contacting your local support department to look into this.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Audible Advocate

I downloaded the Bose Updated through http://btu.bose.com and there was indeed a software update for my speaker (!), but it sadly didn't fix my disconnecting issue Smiley Sad I also was able to 'forget' / remove my SoundLink from my iPhone and Mac and re-pair, which they both re-paired just fine..but still have the same issue with my mac of it disconnecting 2 seconds later.

I'll go ahead and try the US customer service phone number during the day and report back!