Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

SoundLink Revolve system sounds problem

I have 2 Revolves. When connected to my IPad 1st Gen they will only play music. They will not play system sounds such as email or text notifications. The only way I have been able to accomplish this is once connected, I have to “hard boot” the iPad. Now that I have upgraded to the Gen 4 iPad. This process does not work at all. I have dealt with this issue for two years. I have been able to find anyone with a similar issue in numerous forums. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: SoundLink Revolve system sounds problem

@DCR2020In order for you to hear audio generated by an Apple product on your Revolve, the Apple product has to send the audio via Bluetooth to your Bose product.  I do not work for either Apple or Bose, but it does not appear to me that the sounds you see and can choose from via Settings Sounds & Haptics are sent to bluetooth devices whether its an Ipad or iphone.  I went into that iphone menu and tried playing various sounds with either my Revolve or my QC35ii connected to the iphone.  The phone directed all stereo and phone call conversations to my Bose devices but continued to play the system sounds through the phone speaker. I even tried my 3rd party alarm clock and it alarmed me with a 'classic alert' played through the iphone speaker and not the Revolve.

So I think unless Bose or Apple say otherwise, this is a 'by design' function of all the mobile Apple devices.  I could not myself find any user controllable option on either the Apple or the Bose end to change this behavior.  And unfortunately, as it is likely something decided on the Apple side, it is not something we will see changed any time soon, especially since iOS 14 just came out.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

Re: SoundLink Revolve system sounds problem

Thank you so much for your reply. Which makes complete sense. My next question is now, why on my original iPad Gen1 version, I finally figured out after connecting the Revolve’s through the Bose app, then setting up “party/stereo mode, I “hard” booted, (holding the home button and the power button until the iPad restarted) Starting with the key clicks while putting in passcode (a system sound) and all other system sounds come through the Revolves. Look forward to your thoughts. Thanks again for your willingness to assist.

DCR