Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

SoundLink mini lll won’t charge, complete dead.

My SoundLink lll speaker was working fine but, suddenly started flashing red light so I put for charging, it didn’t charged but got completely switched off and won’t function at all. I already tried to reset by pressing and holding the mute button. But it won’t work.

i can’t visit local Bose store due to the lockdown. I need a assistant please. Without my speaker my life is strangled during this lockdown period. Please help, I leave in London Wembley

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: SoundLink mini lll won’t charge, complete dead.

Hey @Vernond,

That sounds very strange! I'm glad you've tried plenty of troubleshooting already - sorry that things haven't improved.

If you continue to see a fast red flashing LED, this could indicate a battery error. At that point, I would recommend contacting your local support team HERE. They'll be more than happy to discuss the possible service options, to find you a resolution. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Thank you 🙏 sam

for your prompt  reply, however I no more have any red LED flashlight. I will try to get hold of the local team and will update on this issue later.

take care 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

I contacted the support team, and asked to have the speaker sent to the repair or service team. This will be collected later this week from me. I guess this will be resolved once it’s get serviced. Thanks 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Hi 

today I received my speaker back from repair and service team, the repair note listed that the speaker was tested and updated to the latest hardware and software revisions. However when I plugged to my Bose adaptor it’s not charging and still blinks red LED light if turned on, now it point I am complete uncertain if the adaptor suppose to be faulty or  the speaker. 

After I received I have not used the speaker at all. Is there anyway I can do a test on the adaptor? 

I am very down thrown all after this wait from repair and still can’t use it.

please help.

Hey Vernond,

That's very strange. The repair service should've targeted the issue that you were having before - sorry to hear that it's still occurring. 

I can imagine it's frustrating but I would recommend contacting local support once more, and explaining what you're experiencing in full detail. The team will decide whether or not it's best to send you a new power adapter or look at servicing the speaker once more.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Hi 

finally my speaker is back in action, the support team sent me a new power adaptor which which I connected with speaker worked back to normal and started charging. I guess the whole issue was caused due to the power adaptor being faulty which didn’t charge the speaker when I put for charge and me being using it continue the battery went complete dead. 

I think if I was asked to send my adaptor with then I would have had less hassle and might have to avoid the fees too. 

Thank you all for the help and support