Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

SoundTouch 30/20 not connecting to Wi-Fi

I had to set-up a new Wi-Fi network. My Bose SoundTouch speaker will no longer connect.. there is no way to get my iPhone or computer to see the "Bose wifi" and suggested in the setup process I follow on the app. 

Please help. 

And yes, I have the machine plugged in, within range, etc. I also asked the app to forget my device so I could add it again and that also didn't work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 30/20 not connecting to Wi-Fi

Author Accepted Answer selected by SamanthaC

Thanks for the update SamanthaC!

What I would recommend doing next is factory resetting the speaker. This will clear any previous Wi-Fi connections from the speaker's memory so you can set it up as if it was fresh out of the box

. To do this what you will want to do is press and hold the 1 and Vol- buttons together. You will see a countdown on the display while you hold the buttons, and once this countdown finishes you can release them. The speaker will reboot, and when it turns back on be ready to connect to the network.

Let me know if this does the trick!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi Samanthac,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

For the Bose Wi-Fi to show up while trying to connect your speaker to your network, you do need the speaker to be in setup mode. To put the speaker in setup mode, you will want to simultaneously press and hold the 2 and Vol- buttons until the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber. Once the Wi-Fi indicator is solid amber the Bose Wi-Fi network will be available to connect to.

You can find a full guide on how to connect your speaker to your new Wi-Fi network HERE as well, which will help walk you through the process!

Let me know how you get on!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Sadly, I have tried using my computer and I have tried my iPhone and have had no luck. 

On my computer, the Bose network can't find my wifi. 

On my iPhone, the Bose network isn't discoverable. 

How can I make this discoverable so I can connect? 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by SamanthaC

Thanks for the update SamanthaC!

What I would recommend doing next is factory resetting the speaker. This will clear any previous Wi-Fi connections from the speaker's memory so you can set it up as if it was fresh out of the box

. To do this what you will want to do is press and hold the 1 and Vol- buttons together. You will see a countdown on the display while you hold the buttons, and once this countdown finishes you can release them. The speaker will reboot, and when it turns back on be ready to connect to the network.

Let me know if this does the trick!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

Thank you for that. I thought I did that through the app already but apparently not all the way. 

Side note: when I did the reset, the system tried to reset for over 24 hours. I finally had to unplug it and let the battery die for it to reset properly. Then it showed a white bar on the screen and eventually allowed me to hook it up after turning it off then back on 3 different times. Regardless, I am glad it worked. 

Thanks again!