SoundTouch Portable Series II Wi-Fi Music System suddenly won't connect with SoundTouch App

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

SoundTouch Portable Series II Wi-Fi Music System suddenly won't connect with SoundTouch App

I've owned the SoundTouch portable Wi-Fi music system referenced above since 2015 and I've never had any issues. Starting yesterday it would not connect to my WiFi.  After a lot of effort, it now connects to the WiFi but now it won't connect with the SoundTouch app either on my phone or on my computer. Here's what I've tried so far:

-Factory reset of the SoundTouch portable

-Reset router

-Updated SoundTouch portable

-Deleted and reinstalled the SoundTouch app on my computer

-Checked my computer firewall settings and confirmed SoundTouch app is allowed

Any suggestions?

Jasmine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: SoundTouch Portable Series II Wi-Fi Music System suddenly won't connect with SoundTouch App

Hi Joel,

It's finally FIXED! And the issue wasn't the Bose SoundTouch WiFi music system or the SoundTouch app. It was my WiFi. After changing my network to a different channel to increase speed, for some inexplicable reason there was suddenly a duplicate network (i.e. with the same name) on the old channel; one network was secured (on the new channel) and one was open (on the old channel). The Bose SoundTouch was connected to the wrong network while my laptop was connected to the correct one -- which is why they weren't communicating with each other. Once the wrong network was finally deleted by CenturyLink, the problem went away. Yay!

Jasmine

4 REPLIES

Re: SoundTouch Portable Series II Wi-Fi Music System suddenly won't connect with SoundTouch App

Hello Jasmine,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to see your SoundTouch Portable II is no longer able to be detected in the SoundTouch application.

Since you have tried all the applicable steps that we would have recommended, I would suggest to contact support via phone.

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us," and a phone number will be displayed.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thanks, Joel. If I get it to work I'll report back. 

Jasmine

Audible Advocate

Hi Joel,

It's finally FIXED! And the issue wasn't the Bose SoundTouch WiFi music system or the SoundTouch app. It was my WiFi. After changing my network to a different channel to increase speed, for some inexplicable reason there was suddenly a duplicate network (i.e. with the same name) on the old channel; one network was secured (on the new channel) and one was open (on the old channel). The Bose SoundTouch was connected to the wrong network while my laptop was connected to the correct one -- which is why they weren't communicating with each other. Once the wrong network was finally deleted by CenturyLink, the problem went away. Yay!

Jasmine

Hi JasmineinCO,

Thanks for updating us. That's great news!  We are glad you got everything working.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support