Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Sounddock charges but no sound

My SoundDock [removed by moderator] has been working fine since unboxing. When I decided to move it from my lounge to my bedroom, it just stopped working. It still charges the iPod but no sound is coming out. I have tried the resetting procedure by unplugging the power and removing the iPod for several minutes but still no good. Please don't ask me of the version of my iPod as that will not be relevant because it's been working since until this SoundDock decided not to push the sound out.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sounddock charges but no sound

Hello, 

I am sorry to hear that you're having this experience with your SoundDock. 

If you move the speaker back into the lounge does the speaker begin working once more? I just want to see if this might be due to your bedrooms power outlets.

If you have a different iPod available can you test this also?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

I have 4 different iPods that I use play with it. I have tried a couple of power outlets as well. And besides, as mentioned in my previous post that it charges the iPod devices without any problem. It just doesn't play any music anymore.  I guess it's time to switch to a different brand. The only working Bose product that I have is my SoundLink II.

@manwhoshot_jfk Have you tried adjusting the volume of the system itself? This may seem silly but it's possible that the iPod volume is raised but not the system. 

Also, are you using any adapters at all? Perhaps a 30-pin to lightning adapter? If so, I'd recommend trying an alternative adapter. Although the device is still charging, there could be a problem with the transfer of audio. 

If none of these options work, I'd look into the servicing options available but contacting local support.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

I have tried everything and am not using an adapter. My iPod has a 30-pin port. The product just decided to stop playing music. Power is still working and charges the iPod device.