Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Soundlink 111 turning on by itself and pairing

I have a soundlink 111 that has started to randomly turn on and try and pair to connected devises

this is causing frustration as when it connects you get the paring beep, as nothing is being played it shuts down after 30 min or so and  then restarts and beeps again- over night this is a real issue with the speaker  sometimes beeping all night. 

this happens when both on power (fully  or partially charged), or unplugged. have also tried to reset the unit holding the mute button down. We have turned off bluetooth on all our phones etc to try and stop the  auto turn on from beeping, but that is frustrating for when you want to connect to the speaker or bluetooth in the car etc.

Has only started happening in the last week or so and it appears to happen at random, though once it starts it does keep happening every 30 min or so

any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink 111 turning on by itself and pairing

Hi BrettF,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

As you have performed a reset of your speaker, by pressing and holding the Mute button for 10 seconds, you have already done the troubleshooting we would recommend to resolve this. At this point, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team to discuss the service options for your speaker. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!