Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Soundlink Bluetooth Speaker II losing volume control on the speaker only when streaming from FireFox

I got a brand new Soundlink Bluetooth Speaker II to replace an old one that finally died.  It worked perfectly for a day or two linked to a Win10 Laptop.  Then the on the speaker volume buttons stopped having any effect.  I have reset the speaker and updated the firmware, no change.  Then I discovered that the volume buttons worked perfectly if I was playing something from the laptop music player Groove Music, or even from the newly installed Edge browser -- but would play but with no Bose device volume control when streaming anything from FireFox.  Interestingly, at the same time this occurred, Microsoft had installed the new Edge on the laptop, without my permission.  Very suspicious that something went out of kilter right after that.  Bose offered to replace this brand new device, but I am not at all sure that will change anything.  Have you heard of any such problems, caused by Edge or caused by FireFox?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink Bluetooth Speaker II losing volume control on the speaker only when streaming from ...

Hey Eakes, 

Thanks for reaching out to us today! Sorry to hear that you are having this very weird experience. 

I appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far and I'm glad to hear that the team has offered you the option to replace the speaker.

I would like to know if you have any other laptops you can attempt this set up with? 

I haven't heard of anything like this before and would love to hear if the community has experienced anything similar. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.