Johnnie.1
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

Soundlink Color Bluetooth Speakers (2) Will Not Turn On

I have 2 Bose Soundlink Color Bluetooth Speakers that failed at about the same time. One of the speakers was used the day before it stopped working.  I am hopeful a solution exists to return both speakers to service.

Some details specific to each speaker:

1. Red Soundlink Color Bluetooth Speaker:
    • When plugged in to the AC charger the green battery illuminates steady for about 10 secs, then the battery light goes off.
    • Downloaded the Bose Updater and updated the firmware.
    • Pressed the power button - no response.
    • Disconnected the power and reconnected. Pressed the multi-function button for 10-15 secs, disconnected the power, released the multi-function button, reconnected the power and pressed the power button. No response.
    • Disconnected the power and reconnected. Pressed both the Aux and Vol - buttons for 10-15 secs and pressed the power button. No response.
  2. Black Soundlink Color Bluetooth Speaker:
    • When plugged in to the AC charger the yellow battery illuminates steady for about 10 secs, then the battery light goes off.
    • Will not connect to the Bose Updater.
    • Disconnected the power and reconnected. Pressed the multi-function button for 10-15 secs, disconnected the power, released the multi-function button, reconnected the power and pressed the power button. No response.
    • Disconnected the power and reconnected. Pressed both the Aux and Vol - buttons for 10-15 secs and pressed the power button. No response.

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

Johnnie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Soundlink Color Bluetooth Speakers (2) Will Not Turn On

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi Johnnie.1, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I appreciate the time that you have taken to post and provide me with the steps that you have attempted! As you have attempted all recommended troubleshooting steps for an issue like this,  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi Johnnie.1, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I appreciate the time that you have taken to post and provide me with the steps that you have attempted! As you have attempted all recommended troubleshooting steps for an issue like this,  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

gojiberry
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

I too have this same issue, but I am not sure you can say the solution has been solved when all you have done is redirected the person to customer support.

This is the second time I have had the issue of the Bose Soundlink Colour 2 speaker not powering up. It has been back to Bose for repair already. I have managed to download the latest firmware, tried all of the fixes suggested and I still have the issue; whereby the power light comes on, then goes off, the bluetooth light flashes and then I get the power, bluetooth and aux lights on together then they all go off. The speaker does not switch on.

I contacted customer support only to find out my speaker is now out of warranty and I will be charged for the repair. Considering how many people this affects and that my repaired item has developed the same issue, I think there is a design flaw and the speaker is not fit for purpose.

I also have a Bose sound link mini speaker and have had no issues with that speaker at all so why are there so many issues with the Soundlink colour 2?

Bkacker
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

Hello,

I have the same problem as Johnnie. I have tried the similar steps (putting into SHIP mode) although I am now trying to charge for one hour per troubleshooting instructions. We love our Soundlink Color and it was great right up until it just stopped working. Plugged into power source and amber light flashes for two seconds then nothing and then three colored lights flash and then nothing. No lights, no sound,...nothing. 

I have not done an update but will do so if I can get it to power up. We have owned this less than a year.  I would like to think that a Bose is made to last. 

Any help would be appreciated. We are currently on holiday and brought this speaker to use. Now all is quiet. No music for us. 

Thank you,

Bkacker