Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Soundlink Color II cutting out

My Bose Soundlink Color II drops its connection periodically on zoom and sometimes while streaming. I use a PC with Windows 10, so no Bose Connect.   (I wound up with a virus when installing software that CLAIMED it would let me run Bose Connect on Windows, so I will not try again.)

The speaker is very new, so updated/upgraded.  Windows keeps itself updated.

Any ideas?  This is quite annoying, as many of you have commented.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink Color II cutting out

Hi Sglee2120,

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear that you are having this experience. 

We suggest not uploading any unofficial Bose software to avoid any damage to your speaker and your laptop. 

Can you confirm for us the software version of your SoundLink Color II? If you connect to the Bose Connect app and visit your product details you will find the firmware version here. 

If you are just listening to music with your computer, do you still get these dropouts? Or is it just with Zoom and streaming?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I don’t use Bose Connect.  My computers are Windows 10.  I tried the method to install it on W10, which included installing something else first, and wound up with a virus.

My speaker was cutting out BEFORE that, though, so it’s not from getting, then cleaning, the virus.

How else do I check the firmware version?

This does seem to happen mostly on zoom, but it has happened occasionally when I’ve been streaming a movie.

Thanks for any help,

Susan

Highlighted

Hi Susan,

You can also check the firmware version using our Device Updater. If you use this link on a computer, it will take you to a site that will walk you through checking for and installing any available updates for your speaker!

When you have noticed the connection drop, is this a temporary interruption to the sound, or does it need reconnecting again after this happens?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!