dsherman26
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Soundlink Color II gaps in playback with Echo Dot

If I leave my Soundlink Color II turned on for a long time, it will stay connected to my Echo Dot, but when I go to play any music there are these "pops" or gaps in the music every few seconds.  The Echo Dot plays back just fine through its internal speaker, and the Soundlink is located near the Echo Dot.  If I turn off the speaker and turn it back on, it plays just fine without these gaps.  It only does this if I leave it on for a day or more.  My wife has a micro Soundlink that does the same thing with her Echo Dot.  I've tried updating the firmware in both speakers, but it made no difference.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundlink Color II gaps in playback with Echo Dot

Hi Disherman26,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing issues with audio gaps. I will do all I can to help you out!

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing of your SoundLink Color II speaker. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you on how to do this. Once complete, try connecting the speakers together again like a new connection and test.

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

dsherman26
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Thanks, but that only fixes it temporarily.  I've tried clearing the Bluetooth devices and pairing them again, but it makes no difference.  Once it's been on for a while it starts doing it again.

Hey dsherman26, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this! Sorry to hear that the steps above didn't resolve this for you.

Do you have another Echo Dot or a similar device that you can test the connection with to see if the same issue persists? Also, can you please attempt to perform a reset on the Echo Dot, this can be done by following the steps listed by Amazon here.

When you have this issue with the Dot are you able to ask the device to disconnect from the speaker and reconnect to resolve the issue? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this and if any other users have resolved a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B