Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Soundlink Color II turns on blue tooth function whenever I turn on computer even thought unit is off

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink Color II turns on blue tooth function whenever I turn on computer even thought unit...

Hello sjlippe, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

This happens due to the Bluetooth Low Energy feature of the SoundLink Color II, the speaker will power on whenever it detects a recently paired connection. It does this to create an easier pairing experience. This isn't a feature that can be disabled on the speaker. 

If you have any further questions, please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Soundlink Color II turns on blue tooth function whenever I turn on computer even thought unit...

@Hector_BIs there a way to totally power off the Color II (I don't have one to check) so that BLE is not on, sort of like you can do on the Revolve by powering off the unit by holding down the function key until all the lights blink.

BTW - you failed to let the use know that that a way to stop it from happening is to unpair the device (or reinitialize the unit) before you turn it off.  It's a drag but it's a solution.