Highlighted
RoseG
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Soundlink Color II will not pair with phone

Previously, it easily paired with  my iphone 7.  Last week it stopped pairing.  I have tried clearing the device list and also resetting the speaker.  I also can't get other devices to pair with it.  Please advise me.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundlink Color II will not pair with phone

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi RoseG, 

Thank you for this information, It is most helpful!

It sounds like the Bluetooth Connection has been broken on your phone. I would recommend removing the pairing on your phone and forgetting the device. 

On an iPhone, press the blue 'i' icon next to the pairing and then click on forget this device. 

On an Android device, click the settings icon when on the pairing and go down to forget this device or unpair. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi RoseG, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundLink Color II however I would love to help you resolve this.

As you have performed a reset and cleared the pairing list and the issue still persist I would recommend that you perform a factory reset on the speaker, this can be done via: turning on your speaker, then pressing and holding the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language. 

When clearing the device list did you also remove the speaker from your mobiles paring list? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

RoseG
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

I have done the factory reset as well.  I have also tried using the Bose app for my phone but it is unable to see the speaker.  My phone can see the speaker and will list it but won't pair with it.  I eventually get a message the pairing was unsuccessful.  If the bluetooth is broken is there any way to use the speaker by using a cord for input for music?  Thank you for your reply to my message

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi RoseG, 

Thank you for this information, It is most helpful!

It sounds like the Bluetooth Connection has been broken on your phone. I would recommend removing the pairing on your phone and forgetting the device. 

On an iPhone, press the blue 'i' icon next to the pairing and then click on forget this device. 

On an Android device, click the settings icon when on the pairing and go down to forget this device or unpair. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

EuiZs
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Hi there.
I actually have got the same problem. My bluetooth device is iphone7 as well and I am using Bose Soundlink color 2. Last 2 week it just happened that I can not pair any devices with the speaker at all. I tried to reset the speaker and clear the lists of the devices, but still it does not work.

I thought may be my mobile bluetooth is broken. So I tried to connect my mobile bluetooth with another speaker and it works. So now only the problem might be on the speaker itself. I tried to connect another new device (iphone8) which never been connected to the speaker. It showed the same message that "Paring unsuccessful" also mention that the mobile was too far but the mobile was just next to the speaker indeed.

I am in Kuwait so please let me know what should I do or where I can fix the speaker.

Thank you.

Hello EuiZs, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting to your SoundLink Mini II speaker. As you have tried all previous troubleshooting steps, please can you try updating the firmware of the speaker for me? To do this please go to btu.bose.com on a computer and follow the instructions on the screen. 

If once you have done this you are still having issues, can you please let me know what color LED's you see light up when you are trying to pair the speaker? 

Many Thanks, 

Vicky W 

EuiZs
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

I already downloaded the update application and followed the instruction.

It works

Thank you.