Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 25, 2017

Re: Soundlink Color II will not power up or charge

I just bought a new   SoundLink Color Bluetooth® speaker II    (black)  and had this problem almost immediately.   And since these posts are all quite recent, perhaps there is a problem in Bose quality control and more folks will need this good answer.   Thanks for posting the appropriate reset process and I, too, think it should be in the Bose documentation.

Here's what happened in my case:  Unit arrived, I plugged it in to charge and the green light came on after a while.   I used it with my laptop and my phone to test (probably for a couple of hours).   Then I offered to help a group I am in hear some music so I took it out "in public".  Before the meeting, it paired with the host's laptop and played a test sound.   Leaving it on, I moved it to the center of the room.  It was perhaps an hour later when the host was ready to make use of my new speaker that it would not work (embarrassingly).  It did not respond to any buttons and no lights ever came on.   It just went into deep hibernation for no reason at all.

Thanks to Mohsin, I was able to bring my speaker back from the dead.  I will start using it and add another post if it happens again, but I now have Hope.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

Bose Color Soundlink 2 - won't turn on or charge

I just purchased a Bose Color Soundlink 2 and after one charge, it is already not turning on or charging. I have seen some posts recommending either holding down the power button or multi-function button while plugging in / unplugging the power source. I have tried this about 15 times still with no luck. This seems to be a problem that has been around for years based on my research so it is a bit frustrating it would not have just been fixed. Please advise. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 8, 2020

Bose Soundlink Color - No Lights

My Bose Soundlink Color does not show any LEDs when it is connnected to the wall or PC. I have tried multiple adapters and ports and none of them have any effect.

I can connect the speaker to my PC and see that windows does indeed detect the speaker as a Bose Soundlink. I tried to update the software but I get stuck where it asks me to hold down the AUX button for 10 seconds and it will be detected... it never gets detected.

It seems like the button / LED portion is no longer being detected on the speaker. 

Has anyone encountered this before? Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

SoundLink Color II Bluetooth® Speaker No Power

Hello,

I have a bose sound link color 2 speaker with serial SN: [ removed by moderator]. I had not used the device in several months and went to charge the device. I received no LED notifications like I normally would. I let it charge for a few hours thinking it was drained completely. Still had no lights. I did some google searching and found the reset option which did not work

Things I've tried already:
  1. The hard reset, in other threads, holding down the play/pause button for 15 secs, unplugging, then plugging back in and turning on
    1. Nothing worked no lights
    2. Tried on PC and wall charger
    3. Tried with separate cables
      1. I know the cables work as the PC saw the device
  2.  Updating to the latest software
    1. There was an update needed, but it's done now V3.0.3
  3. The hard reset in other threads after the firmware update, holding down the play/pause button for 15 secs, unplugging, then plugging back in and turning on.
    1. It will turn on for a minute, connect to my phone show 10% battery then turn off.
    2. Tried via PC
    3. Tried on AC wall charger
    4. Tired with separate cables
      1. again all cables worked on PC device was found and shows with the bose updater at https://btu.bose.com/?p=-1#section=device
      2. PC and wall let charge for 30 minutes same power cycle option
  4. Let the device charge for several hours after the reset mentioned.

The service and repair sates it's out of warranty, however, this device has less than 20 hours of use, I would only use this device when in the backyard cooking from time to time. I feel this is unacceptable quality from Bose. I have cheaply made pocket-size Bluetooth speakers from 10 years ago that still charge and work, while this high-end portal speaker is dead after three years at best.

What are my options to correct this? It has put a sour taste in my mouth for the brand, and I am tempted to sell my existing bose products and replace them with competitors. 
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

Bose Soundlink Color II

It has been a year since I have used my Soundlink Color II speaker.   It worked fine the last time it was used. 

It will not power on and has no lights. 

I have connected to a PC and the firmware did update, but no lights appeared on the speaker during the update. 

I have tried the reset using the power button using a cable plugged into my PC and also with a power adapter, but no luck.    I also tried reset with the multifunction button but no luck. 

At no time have a seen any light appear on the speaker.

Any other suggestions?    Thank you. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

SoundLink Color II - wont charge

Hi everyone, not sure if you can help me?

My battery warning message spoke to me this morning (good start!) so i plugged my speaker in assuming that it would start to charge.

30 mins later it switched off totally, which i assumed was my phone dropping out, checking my speaker i noticed that the charge indicator wasn't flashing.

So i disconnected it, and attached another USB, then tried another plug socket, then tried my laptop, all of which had no success.

When i attached the USB i get the audio bleep to suggest it's charging then nothing.

I have tried downloading the app, but wont connect as the battery is totally flat.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Many Thanks,

Jonathan

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Soundlink Color II won't charge

Hello, I received a Bose Soundlink Color II last year as a Christmas gift.  It will not charge at all now.  Nothing.  This happened in January, and I was able to trouble shoot and get it to reset....by holding the multi-function button, disconnecting power, etc.  However, that will not work this time.  I am extremely disappointed that this has happened again and now I cannot get it to reset.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Honestly, at this point, I just want a replacement.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Bose Soundlink color II won’t charge after no use

I plugged in my Soundlink Color II for the first time in a couple of months. It didn’t light up to indicate that it recognized that it had plugged it in. The. I turned it on and saw that it’s still fully charged. 
obviously that charge won’t last forever, especially since I started using it again. I read that these speakers have a battery protect mode that they go into after so many days of no use. How do I get it out of that mode to see  if that’s the issue. Any suggestions are welcome. 
*I plugged it in again today after I used it to see if it reacted to a different outlet. The amber light turned on for a second and then there was nothing.