Travistyt
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Soundlink Color Not Working

I have a soundlink color that does not seem to be powering on. No lights come on or sound but my phone is able to connect to it even tho the speaker does nothing. There are no lights or anything while charging, but when I plug it into my computer thru USB my computer detects it just fine. Yesterday I was able to plug it in to my computer and update it and it actually started working. The light came on and I could play music with it, but today it's back to the same nothingness. I have tried holding the play button for 15 seconds but it doesn't do anything. I am confused as to why it is able to be read by my phone and computer but nothing happens, like its not even charged. 

I have looked thru the forum but couldn't find a thread that's the exact problem I am having. Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Soundlink Color Not Working

Hi Travistyt, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundLink Color speaker. I will do all I can to assist you! 

Could you confirm whether you get audio from the speaker at all? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support  

Redlotus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I am no expert, but I had a problem with my color soundlink (appx. 4 years old) recently too.  I reset mine by pressing AUX & Volume down buttons until the blue light flashed (appx. 15 seconds). Also did a software update.  My problem was not same as yours, fixed my prob by going to Control Panel - Sound - Playback and enabling "Use this device" option for bluetooth devices. Have you checked your to see if you're "Driver" needs updating by going to Control Panel - Device Manager - Bluetooth - Driver and clicking "Update Driver" option? Since you are having intermittent problems, maybe a reset is all you need. Like I said, I'm no expert, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last week!

Highlighted
Travistyt
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

I got sound after doing an update but no longer. If it wasnt showing as available on my devices I would think its completely dead. The actual speaker isnt doing anything.

Thanks for the reply

Travistyt
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Redlotus, not working. No lights ever flash. Are you talking about a driver on my devices?

Hi Travistyt, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Could you please attempt to reset the speaker via: 

• Connect your product to power
  • Power on your product
  • Simultaneously press and hold the AUX and Volume - buttons for about 15 seconds until a tone is heard. 

Also are you able to use the speaker when it's connected to power or does this still not work? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Travistyt
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Never get a tone or any sign of life. The only way I even know if it's powered on is by trying to see if it's available to pair on my phone as theres no lights or sounds from the speaker

I am not able to use the speaker when connected. My phone recognizes it and connects to it, but the actual speaker never does anything. There are no lights or sounds. I thought it was completely broken until I connected it to my computer via USB and my computer immediately connected and after updating it came to life and worked just fine until the next time I tried to use it.

Hi Travistyt, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

As the issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that we weren't able to assist you with this via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Travistyt
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Thanks for your help. I will do that

Redlotus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Travis: Yes, I am taliking about your device driver, in device manager in control panel. I'm running W 8.1 OS, maybe different if you're running a different OS.  I don't think it's device driver, since other devices recognize speaker even though lights no longer operational.  Since you updated and reset it, wonder if anything else can be done.  Perplexing to me.