Soundlink II Bluetooth speaker will not connnect to Surface after latest Windows 10 update

SOLVED
Silent Starter

Soundlink II Bluetooth speaker will not connnect to Surface after latest Windows 10 update

I recently updated the Windows 10 on my surface tablet and the device will connect, but it installs a generic bluetooth driver and will not play as a speaker or be listed as a speaker.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundlink II Bluetooth speaker will not connnect to Surface after latest Windows 10 update

Hello jjones65613,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty connecting your SoundLink II Bluetooth speaker. There are lots of variables that can contribute to difficulty connecting to devices as there are many different drivers, software and hardware. Have you tried any troubleshooting? If not then please try some of the steps below.

To restore the factory default settings (Note: This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state.)

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language.

To clear the product memory of connected Bluetooth® devices:

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone.

I would also suggest contacting Microsoft as the issue is stemming from their drivers caused by the Windows update you did, the would be able to give you more accurate information.

There is also some useful information here regarding Bluetooth connections with headphones and speakers. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundlink II Bluetooth speaker will not connnect to Surface after latest Windows 10 update

Hello jjones65613,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty connecting your SoundLink II Bluetooth speaker. There are lots of variables that can contribute to difficulty connecting to devices as there are many different drivers, software and hardware. Have you tried any troubleshooting? If not then please try some of the steps below.

To restore the factory default settings (Note: This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state.)

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language.

To clear the product memory of connected Bluetooth® devices:

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone.

I would also suggest contacting Microsoft as the issue is stemming from their drivers caused by the Windows update you did, the would be able to give you more accurate information.

There is also some useful information here regarding Bluetooth connections with headphones and speakers. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Silent Starter

I did what you recommended.  In addition, I went to the device manager and under the Sound,video, and game controllers there was a bluetooth driver which was showing an error. I highlighted it and "updated driver" and it installed the Bose SoundLink Mobile Speaker driver.  

All is good.  Thanks for your help.

Hello jjones65613,

Thanks for getting back in touch to post the additional steps you took, I am happy that this issue is now resolved for you! If you feel that my post was helpful in finding your solution I would encourage you to mark it as an accepted solution, this helps other community members get to their solution quicker. 

Should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support