Soundlink II Connects to iPhones but, now, not Macs
I have seen there are many posts about Macs having problems connecting to Soundlinks. I have tried the solutions and believe my problem is different. Here is the situation:
• I have three Macs we connect to our Soundlink Color II (two MacBook Pro Retina mid-2015 and one Mac Pro late 2013, all on Mojave 10.14.6) and two iPhones.
• The iPhones connect perfectly. The Macs kind-of not-at-all.
Here is what happens with the Macs:
• We briefly press the Bluetooth button, or we hold and and press it for 10 seconds to clear current connections.
• We receive the message that it's ready to connect.
• From the Mac's Bluetooth option in its menu bar, we choose to connect to the speaker.
• Both the speaker and the Mac's Bluetooth system preference indicate that there is a connection.
• We do things to make sound from the Mac (play a video, press the volume buttons). Sound comes from the Mac.
• Within 30 seconds, probably less, they disconnect. Sometimes the Mac "forgets" the device.
We have done the following to try to address it:
• Updated the firmware. But, it's already up-to-date at 3.0.5
• Reset all of the Bluetooth connections by holding down the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds.
• Reset the speaker by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
• Forget speaker definitions on the Macs.
The connection behavior happens regardless of what we do.
Bose product name
Soundlink Color II
No app involved. Mac OS 10.14.6
What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on
Macbook Pro Retina mid-2015
Mac Pro late 2013
all on 10.14.6
Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
Where do you run into the issue?
Two or three weeks ago. While we ran security updates on the Macs, they happened across a broad time frame and cannot be sure they would lead to this behavior.
When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
It did work previously
Any troubleshooting steps you took