Highlighted
jptayl56
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Soundlink II (not mini) drops bluetooth connection intermittently

Soundlink II (404600) long service has worked great.  Now, when plugged in right next to paired phone (which pairs initially just fine) bluetooth connection will drop intermittently, say once an hour.  When it loses connection, powering on the speaker will resstablish connection OK, but it will lose connection again soon.

Have already reset speaker.  Assuming power is not the problem because speaker is plugged in when drops occur.  Drops occur 100% of the time now.  New problem - previously worked flawlessly.  Sound quality still great.  What else can do to troubleshoot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundlink II (not mini) drops bluetooth connection intermittently

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi Idahoscrapper,

thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the SoundLink Mini II. I can imagine for frustrating this must be for you and I'll do all I can to assist you!

I would recommend updating the Firmware of the SoundLink Mini II. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O 

4 REPLIES 4

Hello jptayl56,

Welcome to the community, thank you for your message today I am very sorry to hear that your Bluetooth connection between your SoundLink II and mobile device is not performing like it used to. 

I would firstly recommend that if a reset did not provide improvements for you. Please clear the Bluetooth list of your product, to do this please follow the below instruction. 

• Turn on the product, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until a tone is heard, which confirms the memory is clear.

Then please continue to forget the speaker on your mobile device also. This can be performed in your Bluetooth settings. 

Does the audio also cut out when you use another Bluetooth device with your SoundLink II? Have you also tried testing with an AUX connection also?

I would love to do what I can to get this resolved for you.

Tegan M - Community Support 

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@jptayl56 

This 'issue' seems to be a on-going issue/complaint in the 'around & on-ear' Bose community with the QC-35 headphones.  From my own reading, it is not obvious 'to me' that the problem is specific to a particular Bose device.  You can try all the standard troubleshooting suggest by Bose, but if it persists, it could be Bluetooth 'code' common to multiple Bose devices that has a common 'issue'.  I have many Bose BT devices (two revolves, soundlink mini 2, qc-35, soundsport wired) and I have not heard dropouts on any devices except once on my soundsport wired where the playing just stopped.  I wonder whether my lack of problem could have something to do with my playing all my videos and listening to all my audio files while they are resident on my phone.  I do not stream with things like Youtube and Spotify.

Idahoscrapper
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

I’m having the same trouble. Soundlink Mini II cuts out mid-play. Only one device paired to it, have done a reset, cleared the linked list. Battery is at 90%, device sitting next to speaker. What now?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi Idahoscrapper,

thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the SoundLink Mini II. I can imagine for frustrating this must be for you and I'll do all I can to assist you!

I would recommend updating the Firmware of the SoundLink Mini II. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O