Registered since

Jan 26, 2021

Soundlink II will not power up or charge

Bose product name

Soundlink Colour II portable speaker.

Country

Canada

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Unit will no longer charge or power up. I have been through all the suggested solutions and nothing changes. The unit is basically unresponsive to anything. I assume battery has come to the end of its life, even though the unit is only 3 years old.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

All suggestions from the support pages. 

I am disappointed that this unit is basically garbage after such a short time. Bought a replacement battery and installed it. No change.

Is there a local repair centre as it pains me that a company like Bose is making products that seemingly have built in obsolescence. Especially given the environmental commitments Bose claims to follow. Just trying to keep it out of recycle or landfill.

1 REPLY 1
Jessie_O

Re: Soundlink II will not power up or charge

Hi Sorta14, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing battery issues with your SoundLink Color II. I will be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. 

If you have tried an update using the LINK HERE and resetting using the instructions HERE. I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us' and we will do all we can to assist you! 

If there is anything else we can do for you, reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!