Highlighted
CG-Boston
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Soundlink Micro paired, but not accepting phone calls on Android

I've been using my SoundLink Micro since July 2019.  I use it primarily for work conference calls (and I love it).

Recently, it stopped accepting phone calls.  It's connected via bluetooth (and the Bose+ app), but when the phone rings, the speaker doesn't acknowledge the incoming call.  Additionally, when I answer the incoming call manually, the SoundLink option doesn't appear as an option on the screen.  For example, previously when I picked up a call manually, I could select the SoundLink option on the screen and it would connect.  Now only the phone "Speaker" option appears.

It also doesn't work when I make a call.  Previously I could dial a number, then when the call connected, I could select the SoundLink on the call screen.  Now, only "speaker" appears as the call option.  

Everything else works properly.  I can play music from my phone to the SoundLink.

Phone/App/Speaker details

Google Pixel 2XL

Android 10

Bose Connect App, v10.0

Soundlink Micro Firmware v3.0.3

Date of manufacture Nov 21, 2017

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundlink Micro paired, but not accepting phone calls on Android

Author Accepted Answer selected by CG-Boston

Hi CG-Boston,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community!

I’m so glad to hear that you enjoy using your SoundLink Micro for conference calls! Let’s see if we can get you back up and running!

I would recommend clearing the pairing list on the Micro and then deleting the pairing on your phone. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this. Once complete, trying reconnecting like a new connection.

If this is unsuccessful, I would suggest resetting the speaker. I have also included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to perform this.

Let me know how you get on!  

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Author Accepted Answer selected by CG-Boston

Hi CG-Boston,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community!

I’m so glad to hear that you enjoy using your SoundLink Micro for conference calls! Let’s see if we can get you back up and running!

I would recommend clearing the pairing list on the Micro and then deleting the pairing on your phone. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this. Once complete, trying reconnecting like a new connection.

If this is unsuccessful, I would suggest resetting the speaker. I have also included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to perform this.

Let me know how you get on!  

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

View solution in original post

CG-Boston
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Hi Jessica - 

Thanks so much for the info!  It worked!  My SoundLink is back to normal.

I deleted the pairing list and deleted the Bose+ app from my phone.  Then started from the beginning. 

All the best!

CG

JD-San Jose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Hi. My Soundlink Micro has the identical symptoms as in the OP. However, when I followed both elements of the recommended solution, the behavior was not fixed.

Further: when I press the keys on my phone to dial a number, the keyboard sound comes through on the Soundlink. At the very instant the connection is made to the party I'm calling, the Soundlink makes a very short higher frequency "beep" sound after which all sound comes from my phone (as if it was not connected to the Soundlink). Nevertheless, while the call is active, the phone's Bluetooth status shown in Settings continues to reflect the phone connected to the Soundlink for calls and media.

Is there anything else I can try? 

Thanks... 

Hello JD-San Jose, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having some trouble getting this to work. The steps you have tried so far are great. Let's also try going to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and updating the firmware on the speaker. Once you have done this, please can you confirm: 

• Your phone make and model. 
  • Your phone's firmware version. 
  • The method you are using to call someone. is it a VoIP call or a normal phone call? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards, 

Vicky W

JD-San Jose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Hi - thank  you.  I updated the firmware as you suggested (was already up to date, but I did it anyway) - there was no change to the behavior (problem still present).

Here's my phone's SW info:
Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965U)

I hope somewhere in here is the SW information you're looking for:

One UI version: 1.0

Android version: 9

Baseband version: G965USQS7CSK5

Kernel version: 4.9.112, #2 Fri Nov 22 16:48:19 KST 2019

Build number: PPR1.180610.011.G965USQS7CSK5

SE for Android status: Enforcing SEPF_SM-G965U_9_0012, Fri Nov 22 16:17:36 2019

Knox version: Knox 3.2.1, Knox API level 27, TIMA 4.0.0

Service provider SW ver: SAOMC_SMG965U_OYN_VZW_PP_0050 3630374a36553098 VZW/VZW/VZW

Android security patch level: December 1, 2019

The calls I'm making are normal cell phone calls to other numbers (not VoIP, etc.).

Thanks for your help!

John

Hi John,

Thank you very much for providing this information! Have you ever been able to use the speaker for making calls, or is this behavior you have always experienced?

Would it be possible that you complete the clearing of the pairing list again? (Hold Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone). Then, delete all instances of the speaker from the Bluetooth list on your Android device. Now restart the Android device and now try to reconnect. 

I look forward to hearing back the results of this step.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

JD-San Jose
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Thank you for your continued help. 

First, I only bought my Soundlink Micro recently and only started trying to use it as a speaker for calls (vs media) within the past few weeks. I had never gotten it to work for calls. 

Some developments after repeating the clearing of Bluetooth devices, deleting SL Micro from phone and restarting:

1. As before, dialing a number on my phone would cause the SL Micro to beep on connecting, followed by audio only coming from my phone. 
  2. However... When I held the SL Micro's button to use my phone's Google Assistant to place a call (which I have never done before), the Micro worked perfectly! Full audio from the Micro. 
  3. Also, when I called my cell phone from another phone and answered using the Micro, again the Micro worked fine. [Again, I had not had any inbound calls until I tried this.] 

This seems like progress, although for all I know the Micro would have worked with Google Assistant and inbound calls before - I had never tried these use cases. 

But shouldn't I be able to dial out from my cell phone when it's connected to the Micro and have the Micro provide the audio? 

Thanks... 

John