Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Soundlink Mini 2 flashing red light

Hi all

I have a Soundlink Mini 2 which i've had a few years without problem.

I used it the other day no problem. When I plugged it in to charge I got the flashing red light constantly. 

This happens with dock and mains power.

I've tried the resets without luck.

I've downloaded the Bose updater to my Mac, but when it tells me to plug the speaker in, and I do, nothing happens. 

Any help appreciated as its always been a great speaker. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundlink Mini 2 flashing red light

Hey 1744phil,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm pleased to hear your SoundLink Mini II has served you well thus far!

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering an issue regarding a flashing red LED now, however. I would've certainly recommended trying resets, and also visiting the BTU site HERE, to push any available firmware to the speaker. If you're having issues with the speaker being recognized, I'd recommend trying a different charging cable or using a different computer to push the firmware.

Once you're able to push the firmware update, you should notice an improvement to the speaker. If you still run into issues doing this, please let us know. Also, are you located within the US?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!