rmpngone
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Soundlink Mini II constant recharging problem when not used

My Soundlink Mini II constantly has a problem recharging when not used for more than a week. I have followed the Bose troubleshooting guides and checked for any firmware for updates. All current however won't recharge and keeps saying 'battery low'. Very frustrating. Has anyone experienced the same issue or have any other suggestions. Would really appreciate any help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink Mini II constant recharging problem when not used

Hello, 

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your battery after long periods of non-use. As you have already tried all the troubleshooting on support pages and updated the product, you will need to contact the customer care team as the product may need to be exchanged.

I am sorry I have not been able to assist you further on this occasion, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

rmpngone
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Hi Zoe

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I have since contacted Bose support over the past week and spoken with them 3 tuimes and it appears the ony resolution offered to me is that the Service team will provide me 'another' free repair. I am still waiting for them to contact me to arrange. Not sure that I should  continue to have to keep returning for repair. No offer to exchange at this point.

bwells
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2018

I have a similar issue.  My speaker went into hibernation mode and I could not get it to restart despite all the troubleshooting tips.  Tonight I plugged the speaker into my computer at work and at the second reset the speaker woke up and began to charge.  I let it charge several hours and then turned it on and paired with my device.  When I started it up the speaker said the battery charge was high, but when I started to play music the battery charge immediately dropped to 40%.  Is this a sign of a problem or should I let the speaker charge several more hours?

Hello bwells, 

Thanks for messaging the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some problems with charging SoundLink Mini II Battery. 

We're glad to hear that you have been able to power on your SoundLink Mini II. In regards to the lack of battery life your speaker appears to be experiencing, I would not recommend that you continue to keep charging the battery for extended periods of time. The SoundLink Mini II speaker only requires 4 hours of charging from a fully depleted battery life. 

What I would recommend is that you perform a reset of your speaker, instruction on how to do this can be found below. Please note: This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state.

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds until the product powers off.

I hope this helps, please let us know how you get on! 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M