Highlighted
CCameron
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Soundlink Mini II - red light flashing, won't reset

Yesterday my Mini II was playing while connected to power, but I noticed the red light was flashing. I stopped the playback, turned it off, and disconnected power. Then I connected power again and the yellow light came on for one flash, then the red light starts flashing. 

I tried the reset where I held the multi-function button for >10 seconds until the yellow light started flashing, then disconnected power. The lights went off. But when I reconnect power, it does the same thing - one yellow flash followed by continuous red flashing. 
I tried connecting to my computer, but the computer doesn't see that there's a USB device connected, and the speaker light flashes red.

Are there other suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundlink Mini II - red light flashing, won't reset

Hi CCameron, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having these issues and appreciate the troubleshooting that you have attempted so far. 

I would also highly suggest that you attempt to try a different power outlet to charge the system to ensure that this is not the issue. Please ensure that you are using the official Bose charger to do this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you and if any other community members have resolved this issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

bitoyman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2019

@CCameron wrote:

Yesterday my Mini II was playing while connected to power, but I noticed the red light was flashing. I stopped the playback, turned it off, and disconnected power. Then I connected power again and the yellow light came on for one flash, then the red light starts flashing. 

I tried the reset where I held the multi-function button for >10 seconds until the yellow light started flashing, then disconnected power. The lights went off. But when I reconnect power, it does the same thing - one yellow flash followed by continuous red flashing. 
I tried connecting to my computer, but the computer doesn't see that there's a USB device connected, and the speaker light flashes red.

Are there other suggestions?

I had the misfortune of getting the RED flashing power LED. My problem stated after attempting to use a diffent Bose cable / charger for a different device (Bose Soundlink Color).  The Soundlink Mini 2 is about 2yrs old and was working flawlessly without any hiccups since I bought it new. 

I tried most of suggested remedies starting with the USB Cable to the Computer (MacBook Pro), holding down the center (3-Dot Button) for 10secs to no avail.  Putting it back into the charging cradle also did not work.

Your Computer (Mac or PC) may not see the USB device unless you use the Bose Updater app using a browser page.

Make sure the speaker is plugged in via the Bose USB Cable

Go to the url: https://btu.bose.com/

The downloaded app will start the update process once the browser / Bose Update sees the Speaker.

EVEN IF the updater sees the same firmware version as your Speaker, continue with the update as the firmware may be corrupted.

I followed these keyboard presses:

press 'A' 'D' 'V' <up arrow> <down arrow> on your keyboard

-this will change the view to  "Advanced Mode" and Current Version (1.1.4.)

Go to: Update "Software to Version" and select 1.1.4 (Regardless if it says that your version is the same)

Click on the Green Button saying "Apply Changes"

This will now update your speaker's firmware and give an running progress and depending how fast your processor is.

*DO NOT Unplug the Speaker* even if you hear beeping or the Lights changing and Voice Prompts along with Power ON / OFF xx%...

(the RED LED may clear and yellow may start to flash again).

Unplug the USB ONLY after the update reaches 100%

Your RED Flashing Power LED should clear once the firmware is properly replaced.

Recharge the speaker using the Bose charging cradle (you can test the connection while it is charging)

CCameron
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

I've done all this so far. Is there any hope that I can recover it?