Highlighted
Sgor
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Soundlink Mini II says paired, but won't play

SoundLink Mini II not connecting, says it's paired, but will not play one the speaker. This is happening o my laptop. My phone is working properly. When I first got it and set it up bot were working. I have gone through all of the trouble shooting steps and cannot get this resolved. I have spent so much time on this. I wanted to give it one more shot before I return it to Costco. I just bought it Dec. 24, 2019.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink Mini II says paired, but won't play

Hi Sgor,

Thanks for reaching out, welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with connectivity. I'd love to help. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, can you please clarify the following;

- What computer are you attempting to connect to and what is its software version?

- Can you please confirm the troubleshooting steps you have already attempted so I do not re-advise you?

Do let us know! 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Sgor
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

The laptop is a Lenovo, software version 3.177

After I typed my message I then tried again. I turned off my cell phone (Moto X4) and I uninstalled and reinstalled the Bose Soundlink Mini II. It then worked and did connect and pair. However, it has been intermittent. Sometimes it just stops playing audio on the speaker.

I checked the software on the Soundlink and it is up to date. 

Turned on/off SoundLink Mini II

Disconnected speaker, reconnect.

I now have been able to get it to play on the speaker, however it still has been intermittent and cumbersome with pairing both from the laptop and Cellphone, Moto X4.

Highlighted

Hey Sgor, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this! Glad to hear that the systems are now able to connect, however I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists! 

Let's try and perform a factory reset on the speaker and attempt to connect again.  You can perform this by powering on the product, then pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds until the product powers off. 

Please note that in doing this you will need to forget the Bluetooth connection on both your device and laptop before reconnecting. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.