mkikoen
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

Soundlink Mini II unsupported in Bose Connect

Bose product name

Bose Soundlink Mini II (regular edition in Copper Black).

Country

USA

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

Bose Connect App Version 14.0

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on?

iPhone 11 Pro

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Where do you run into the issue?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took?

Hi Bose, I recently got a Bose Soundlink Mini II from my mother for Christmas and it is by far my favorite high quality powerful speaker I’ve used. The portability and the sound quality is excellent and the bluetooth connections are solid.

However, there’s one little issue that I’ve noticed where I haven’t been able to resolve.

My problem is this: I downloaded the Bose Connect App on my iPhone 11 Pro using iOS 14.3 and eventually realized that the app doesn’t support the Soundlink Mini II. Which is odd to me since the app seems to support mostly every other Soundlink speaker on the app except for the Mini’s.

Could the development team please add support for the Bose Soundlink Mini II? 

If the team could consider adding support for the Soundlink Mini II to the Bose Connect App that really would be greatly appreciated because I want to keep all of my Bose devices and apps updated to the latest firmware as possible for the sake of stability, accessibility, and features.

Note: I’ve already checked through the btu.bose.com website, but I would like the Soundlink Mini II to be added to the Bose Connect App in case there’s any new updates to make it easier to download over the air versus through USB cables since I unfortunately was confused. My mistake.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Soundlink Mini II unsupported in Bose Connect

Author Accepted Answer selected by mkikoen

Hi mkikoen,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback, sorry that you have been left disappointed. I will be more than happy to pass on your comments to the relevant department. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Hey Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. It's great to hear you're such a big fan of the SoundLink Mini II!

In regard to your query, I will certainly have this passed along to our development team to be looked into if they find this to be of great desire. To keep your system up-to-date, simply visit our BTU site HERE, as you have been doing so far. You will receive the same updates as pushed through the app, so you will not be behind on firmware or features available.

If you have any other queries or questions regarding the speaker, please let me know!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mkikoen
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

@Sam_F 

Hi Sam! I appreciate the response.

I just want to give some feedback directed towards the corporate executives and the sales department.

Yes, the Soundlink Mini II is an amazing high quality speaker as always and I’m a huge fan of it. It’s a shame that while Bose still carries many units of them in stock, the Soundlink Mini’s product generation lineup are no longer in production and were discontinued in order to succeed it to the Resolve and Resolve+ (seemingly marketed towards parties and groups. Personally they’re both a little too bulky for my personal preference but they look great).

I wish that Bose could reconsider bringing the Soundlink Mini’s back into active production again because they are high quality speakers with excellent components that I wholeheartedly love.

The Soundlink Mini’s generation product lineup in my opinion I think has a longer lifespan since the rest of the Soundlink’s are still there except for the Mini’s. I hope that maybe the corporate executives could reconsider giving them a second chance since they are one of the best portable speakers I’ve used.

If you can pass along this feedback to the executives and the sales department I would appreciate it since the Soundlink Mini’s are a phenomenal product lineup, and I hope the overall sales will increase for them.

I look forward to the company’s further creative innovations and new products in the future.

Thanks! 

mkikoen
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

@Sam_F Can you please reply back Sam?

Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by mkikoen

Hi mkikoen,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback, sorry that you have been left disappointed. I will be more than happy to pass on your comments to the relevant department. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

mkikoen
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

Thanks Tegan!