Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Soundlink Mini - Recently unusable. Needs A Firmware Update?

Hi all,

I haven't used my Soundlink Mini much in the last six months, but something has changed and its now unusable when I play music from my Windows 10 laptop via Bluetooth.

When I play music and WiFi is ON, the dropout/interference is massive. It is unlistenable. When I turn the WiFi OFF, the sound is perfect. A pretty major issue.

This behaviour is independent of the file type (MP3, WMA), software (Windows Media Player, Groove and music streamed from websites via several different types of browser) and is not replicated on any other Bluetooth speaker or headphone connected to the same laptop. For example, Apple AirPods play music perfectly with WiFi on. All operating systems, software and drivers are up to date.

This is a new problem. My first instinct in the circumstances would be to search for a firmware update for the Soundlink. It has been confirmed to be on this forum that there has never been a firmware update for this product, so it can't be that - despite the firmware update checking process always hanging (see other topic).

Has anyone else experience this or have suggestions to offer?

Thanks in advance,

M

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Soundlink Mini - Recently unusable. Needs A Firmware Update?

Hi M, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your SoundLink Mini, this is very Odd and very specific. 

You're absolutely correct, there is not an update for the SoundLink Mini. 

Based on what you have mentioned in your post, It sounds to me like you are experiencing some interference when the Wifi is activated. Can you tell me if the speaker is close to your Wifi router? If it is, I would recommend moving it to a new location and testing it again. 

Are you connecting the speaker using Bluetooth? If so, I would recommend clearing the pairing list on the speaker. You can do this by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. Once complete, delete the pairing on your source device and try pairing them again. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Re: Soundlink Mini - Recently unusable. Needs A Firmware Update?

Hi Jessie,

I had already tested the positioning of the speaker and the WiFi router. It made no difference, Other bluetooth audio devices worked fine. I'd also tried resetting the speaker without success.

I don't know what has changed since I posted, perhaps a scheduled software/driver change on my laptop, but the problem has stopped now. All software and drivers were up to date when I first posted my message.

Anyway, however it happened, it's fixed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mark