Maloha
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Soundlink Mini Red Light Flashing -

My current mini was purchased nearly 5 years ago and until a week ago it worked flawlessly.

I found the archived thread of 18 pages about the original mini red light flashing. I've tried the reset option several times to no avail. A replacement battery is hard to come by, and one that I found online is $40 plus shipping.

My question - will a replacement battery work, or should I spend the $40 towards a new mini ? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
SolliB
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

Re: Soundlink Mini Red Light Flashing -

I have the same issue. We haven't used ours for a few years although it has been plugged in. Red light flashing and reset won't work. Will servicing or a new battery fix the issue?

Sam_F

Re: Soundlink Mini Red Light Flashing -

Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you're encountering issues with your SoundLink Mini speakers, but I'd be happy to help.

Firstly, a reset (holding the mute button for ten seconds) would be recommended to clear any underlying issues - so please give this a try. If you have the SoundLink Mini II (2) it's best to push the latest firmware update to the speaker HERE and then test afterward. If the speaker is still showing the red LED after all troubleshooting, I'd recommend reaching out to support to look into the servicing options. Let me know what you find and how things go!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!