Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

Soundlink Mini l volume reset when switching modes

Hi all,

Thought I will reach out to the community for this. I have the first generation Soundlink Mini and I have the following issue - when switching between Bluetooth and Aux, the sound volume resets. Say I adjusted the volume in BT mode (listedning through Google Home). Then I switch to Aux, so I can watch TV. When I get back to BT, the volume it at min. The same happens the other way around. The speaker can be switched off between the two activities or not - the issue is there.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Soundlink Mini l volume reset when switching modes

Hello TuscanyHWBG, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the volume level of your SoundLink Mini.

I have personally tested the same model in our product room and was unable to replicate the result, so this certainly shouldn't be happening. 

Can you please confirm the following: 

- Have you tried pairing to another Bluetooth device besides your Google Home to see if the same volume issue occurs?

- Have you tried fully unpairing the Bluetooth devices, and tried pairing up to see if the same issue occurs? 

I'll look forward to your response. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

The problem exists in both directions - switching from Aux to BT and switching from BT to Aux. The output I switch to has volume of 0. It is happening with all my paired devices (3) and also I happening after I reset the speaker (by holding mute for 10 seconds). During either usage, I do not normally touch the volume of the speaker. I adjuste the volume either through Google Home or my TV (where I use the Aux). Rarely it works as expected, but mostly it does not. The speaker is on the cradle and I don't usually turn it off - I rely on the auto-off function.

I tried checking for new FW, but the updater does not find the speaker. Is there any way to update it?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello TuscanyHWBG,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing difficulty with your SoundLink Mini. As have already tried other devices and the same issue has occurred, I would recommend resetting the speaker, this model does not require updating. 

To reset your product:

• On the top of the speaker, press and hold the Mute button for 10 seconds. The product lights flash, then turn off once reset. (Note: Do not try to remove the battery.)

I would also recommend rebooting the device that you are using with the speaker. 

Let me know how you get on, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

As said in my previous reply - this has been already done.

What are the next steps?

Highlighted

Hi TuscanyHWBG, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. As the issue still persists I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that we weren't able to resolve this for you via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!