okain
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2021

Soundlink Mini stops playing even with AUX option

I've noticed people complaining about the SoundLink Mini stops playing when connected to Bluetooth but mine stops playing every few minutes even when connected to a PC using the 3.5 mm jack as AUX option, it does start playing again when I raise the volume for a sec but stops again after a few minutes.

Bose product name

(SoundLink Mini II Special Edition)

Firmware Version

(1.0.14)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Soundlink Mini stops playing even with AUX option

Author Accepted Answer selected by okain

Thanks for confirming this! 

Can you please attempt to test the speaker with other devices? 

Let's also attempt to reset the speaker by following these steps below: 

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds until the product powers off.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of the above. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Vicky_W

Hello Okain,

Thanks for choosing Bose and welcome to the forums. 

I would love to find out what is causing your speaker to turn off whilst playing. Your product powers off after 30 minutes of inactivity. If there is no audio playing and no interaction with your product, it will turn off automatically after 30 minutes. Is the audio on low when it turns off?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
okain
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2021

It does not power off, the on/off LED stays on, the white AUX LED stays on but the sound simply stops playing, and this happens every few minutes, not after half an hour of inactivity. The volume is low when that happens but since it is charged by the USB there is no reason for me to reactivate it by raising the volume every few minutes and disturbing someone nearby.

Vicky_W

@okain, I understand. Does this happen with all connected devices or just the laptop. Also, is it dependant on the audio source such as YouTube or Spottily or does it happen across all platforms? 

okain
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2021

It's an actual PC and not a laptop, thus cable and not BT. I haven't tried connecting it by cable to any other device. It happens across all platforms. 

Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by okain

Thanks for confirming this! 

Can you please attempt to test the speaker with other devices? 

Let's also attempt to reset the speaker by following these steps below: 

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds until the product powers off.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of the above. 

View solution in original post

okain
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2021

This seems to have worked. I will get in touch if needed. Thank you.