JhAi
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Soundlink Mini

My Sound Link Mini was making this beeping sound and stops for a while then it starts again. I started using it and still it was making the beeping sound so i stop

using it and left it still making the beeping sounds. What does this beeping sound mean? Now it's only blinking red lights. Not even charging and won't turn on. Tried resetting it. But still it doesn't work.What should i do?

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Re: Soundlink Mini

Hey JhAi, 

SoundLink Speakers are programmed to make a up-beep when plugged into power, and a down-beep when unplugged from power. This is also part of the diagnostics test as speakers with a stereo configuration will play the up-beep on the left speaker, and the down-beep from the right. The beeps essentially serve a double purpose of confirming the product has been plugged in/out of power, but also if the left and right speakers are working. 

If the beeps occur sporadically during charging, then this could potentially indicate that the power cable is either not inserted correctly, or there may be dust/debris/damage to the cable or power connection port. I would recommend checking both the cable and the port on the speaker for these possible issues.

In terms of the red light, check out this thread here for a resolution. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
JhAi
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Soundlink Mini Red flashing light,not charging

My soundlink was working fine the other day and on the next day it was flashing red light not charging and won't turn on. Tried resetting it still it's not working. What do i need to do?

Thanks.

Jhaj