dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Re: Soundlink Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

@chendehau wrote:

Hi All,

I Have 2 Revolve Plus I usually use to listen to music. I updated one of the speakers to 3.0.4 and yes, I notice the sound difference.

The 1.5 bass sound is deeper and wider while the 3.0.4 is not. On the mid range the 1.5 is also bolder.

Overall I prefer the 1.5 compared to 3.0.4.

This also applies to the pairing. If I stream from 1.5 to 3.0.4, the character of the sound follows the 1.5, and the other way around.

I would suggest anybody to postpone the update to 3.0.4. Stick with 1.5 unless you have connectivity problems with win10 as the update news about 3.0.4.

Well, thanks a lot for your feedback. As a user who has a setup of a QC 35 II, I have previously feel the problem of being the first to update the firmware of my bose products. So took out all data connections of the app to avoid downloading and installing new firmwares without my intention to do it.

After seeing the new firmware, I patiently waited for some feedback, and here it is.. Bose is probably following some strategy which leads to bad  firmware releases. So I will stick with 1.5 version on my revolve and do not upgrade.

Thank you bose for your efforts in developing new firmwares, but for me, as much as I appreciate the intention, it is a waste of time. Won't upgrade and probably most of the people would start doing the same u

aravindc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

@Vicky_W wrote:

Thanks for confirming that for me aravindc, I completely understand why that would be causing frustrations. 

Can I please ask which make and model the other devices are? 

Many Thanks. 

Vicky W

I replied to your comment, in this thread, is there any further updates please?

Ondrej77
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

NOOOO! I am in the club now too..

already updated and the sound is TERRIBLE. I can not use it anymore.. 

I tried reset BT list, reset speaker several times (tried both, reset by long pressign --- button and also long pressing power button) and it does not help in any way..

And! I found another bug. The USB audio mode does not work anymore. It connects, but absolutely no sound..

PLEASE! make another update to fix this. Or allow us to downgrade.. Please. 

I have revolve for two weeks and I was really happy owner. Now I am so angry and feel so bad about this. I want to throw the device against the wall ATM. I have a party today and I cant bring there this.. It sounds like a $20 speaker now..

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Ondrej77 

hmm... I just upgraded both my Revolves and I don't hear any difference in the audio tones to what they were before.  I have tried playing them through my phone with BT and also tried them connected via wire with my win 7/64 laptop.

So I also wonder what you mean by USB audio.  My revolves either play audio via BT or connected to a wire and switched to "AUX" mode.  My USB connection is only used for charging as far as I know (or you can teach me something new 🙂 )

BTW - on my laptop after the upgrade I tried (a) connecting one with BT, (b) connect two with party and stereo mode and (c) connecting two with a stereo wire splitter and two AUX's connected with wire.  The sound worked and sounded fine in all situations.

Ondrej77
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

USB audio is like external USB sound card mode. It worked before.

And sound downgrade feels also my wife without my mention. She just asked me what is wrong..

It looks like wrong update, unfinished. Like BOSE volume depending autoequalizer does not work or I dont know. The sound is flat, Bass lose its resolution and punchy character, especially at lower volume, what is most important for me

Lorenzo83
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

I'm in the same nightmare with my new revolve!

I buy Bose products for sound quality, but after this update I regretted having spent my money for this speaker that sounds very bad.

I tried to fix it following the reset procedure but nothing changed.

Please Bose provide a new update...  this is very serious problem detected by many users and requires an urgent solution that lives up to the name of the manufacturer.

Lorenzo from Venice

aravindc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

No more replies from Bose on this thread.

They have gone quite on this one Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Ondrej77
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

So, I returned my revolve to reseler to fix this. If they would not be able to fix it, I will want my money back. Because I bought it for its sound which is actually different. It seems to me like when you buy a TV with superb colours and then some update make it tint to magenta.. I can not accept this..

Lyric7
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

I have a feeling a lot of people will return their product if they don't fix it soon... Me one of them. 

aravindc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

I guess there is no attention from Bose, since this thread was already marked as resolved. We shoud be ranting in a new thread infact. But when I tried to open a new thread the moderator smarly merged it into this already resolved thread, and showing disregard to all the rants here.

THIS IS WRONG BOSE!!!

We purchased a premium product and this kind of support will only tarnish your image.