zingkit
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

I also update the Bose soundlink Revolve+ to 3.04 version.

The sound quality is completely changed and it is awful. My Bose soundlink Revolve+ is linked to my PC by bluetooth. After it has updated, the sound works like robots. The sound is unclear and awkward.

Please tell me how I can change the version back to the previous one. I cannot tolerate the sound quality!!!

dolivares44
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I was able to fix the mono sound by following the instructions provided but i still have connection issues and the mids are now louder minimizing the lows. I get the 'Bose Speaker lost' message now. Never did before. I had planned on using them this weekend for a barbecue but had to resort to my old non Bose bluetooth speakers. The sound is not much different than other speakers therefore not worth the high price tag. Have had them for a while so i did get some use out of them. Time to move on..

dolivares44
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I just notified CNET.COM so they can update their production view post firmware 3.0.4 update. Will be doing the same for other popular review sites.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting! It was previously stated that a product reset had resolved this issue, has anyone tried the reset outlined below but still experiencing issues? 

To reset your product:

1. Disconnect the power cord
  2. Power on your product using battery power
  3. Press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow.

@dolivares44 I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing connectivity issues, have you tried any other Bluetooth devices with the speaker? If so what was the outcome? Are you still able to connect via Bluetooth without the Bose Connect app? Have you tried clearing the pairing list of the speaker as outlined below?

To clear the product memory of connected Bluetooth® devices:

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a tone.

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Lorenzo83
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Hello Zoe,

thanks for reply

i’ve tried to reset it several time without any success. I’m very straightforward, finally I’ve changed with another speaker since I cannot accept to get a BOSE for sound quality and listen such cheap sound after 2 hours from purchase.

Bad experience for me.

Best regard

Highlighted
controlpoints
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Hi Zoe,

Despite this thread being marked as resolved, you should be able to see more comments since then that this issue has actually continued to linger.

I'm also having this issue with my two Revolve Pluses and the sound quality most definitelty degraded after updating to 3.0.4.

As with most of the people here, I have performed both troubleshooting steps, where I held the multi-function button for 10 seconds to reset the products, and cleared my Bluetooth pairing lists.

At this point, I'm sure a lot of us are simply hoping that Bose will acknowledge that this is indeed a botched update and that a hotfix is in the works. If not, I hope no other batches of this product are affected and that we can simply go to our local Bose stores to have our updated units replaced.

zingkit
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Dear Zoe,

I have tried your method several times and also reboot my PC several times. However, this does not help. The bass is still lost and the sound is like chicken squeaking. I cannot tolerate the sound anymore. I have only bought it for a month. It is definitely the worst product I have bought.

I found that the problem is that the PC bluetooth recognises the device as  Bose Revolve+ Soundlink Hand-Free AG audio. The volumn become less than before and only the treble sound left.

Please ask the technician how I can downgrade my firmware.

Or please ask the technician to fix the firmware as soon as possible.

zingkit

Ondrej77
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Hi Zoe.

As you can read in my reply, I tried those several times WITHOUT any positive results. Issue is NOT SOLVED. 

Please read all replies, because there are many of us who tried resets and cleaning BT list withou acceptalble result.

So there have to be another solution.. I return my speaker to reseler to fix this or got my money back and now I have to decide, if I will buy another BOSE or not.. And I guess I am not alone. So do not underestimate the situation. I wish my good playing revolve back, but if this will not be possible, I do not want it.

Best regards. I pray for some solution..

Community Manager

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your contributions on the Community. I am very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing either connectivity and/or sound quality issues with your Soundlink Revolve Speakers since the latest firmware update. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to try the different troubleshooting steps suggested by the moderation team. I understand that this is very frustrating and I would like to reassure you; we are taking the problems you are encountering very serioulsy and we have asked our engineering team to look into this.

Regarding the post marked as solution, please note that it is an 'Author Accpeted Solution', which means that the author of the thread found the post useful to him. I understand that this may not be the case for everyone and we will continue to support all users who contribute to the thread.

Of course, we will keep the Community updated and let you know as soon as we hear from the engineering team. In the meantime, I would be interested to hear whether anyone else experienced similar issues, and whether the troubleshooting was helpful.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,

Anne

minnesotajosh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

I too just updated to 3.0.4 -- My Revolve+ SoundLink is at work and I keep the volume pretty low.  Since updating music comes through as though there's bad radio reception.  Lots of fuzz - incredibly frustrating.  Tried the 10-second reset but it didn't work.  

I've tried playing music on Pandora and TuneIn - my speaker was once proudly displayed on my desk and has now moved behind my computer to offset the sound.  How do we get this speaker back so I can proudly display again?