Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

I'm experiencing the same sound quality issue and going through the provided steps has not resolved the issue. Very dissapointing.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

My revolve used to amaze people with the deep bass n crispy sound. I only had to crank the volume halfway to fill up mu room..now it's not the same and its obvious.

Please bose, do something soon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

My revolve used to amaze people with the deep bass n crispy sound. I only had to crank the volume halfway to fill up mu room..now it's not the same and its obvious.

Please bose, do something soon.

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Bose Revolve+ Sound Quality Changes

Dear Bose

As I updated the Revolve+, I found the sound dissapointing refering the previous version.

I've reset the unit and the Bluetooth conections, 

The problem includes the Aux conections, bass has disapear from the ecuation.

Can I downgrade the firmware either getting a new update soon???

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

It must only be a particular batch of Bose Soundlink Revolve speakers that are affected by the update....I updated mine as well, and I have no change in sound quality. I went against the grain and updated mine (even after reading this thread) through the Bose Connect app and my Revolve sounds the same. I have no connection issues, or degraded sound quality.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Update from earlier post - I compared my updated speaker from work to my wife's, who hasn't updated.  Neither her nor I could tell a difference seperately or while in party mode.   I may have been hypersensitive to the community comments. 

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

I wish I'd never done the firmware update, sound quality now is nothing like it was when I purchased over a year ago! Have tried all the fixes you have recommended to no avail. Please fix this!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

try to downgrad to 3.0.4 to 1.5.0  by connect to usb and goto https://btu.bose.com/?p=-1#section=start  and  before update firmware

type  a  d  v  up down  on keybord   it will show advance mode might can select  1.5.0 firnware 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Banmai's solution was almost feasible. Typing A D V (Up Arrow Key) (Down Arrow Key) on your keyboard does pull up the Advanced panel, but the update option only does get you the 3.0.4 update option. It does not let you downgrade to 1.5.0.

Has anyone ever tried this option and re-installing the 3.0.4 firmware to see if it somehow improves sound quality?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

After the 3.04 Update the sound was very thin cheap...

but after  the 10 sec reset, everything works fine in good old quality.

My device was produced late 2017, so for me problem solved...thx