Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Re: Soundlink Revolve 3.0.4 update ruined sound quality

@controlpoints That does not work.I guess there is no way to downgrade the device firmware! And there seems to be no update from Bose regarding the issues being faced for certain devices atleast.

@controlpoints wrote:

Banmai's solution was almost feasible. Typing A D V (Up Arrow Key) (Down Arrow Key) on your keyboard does pull up the Advanced panel, but the update option only does get you the 3.0.4 update option. It does not let you downgrade to 1.5.0.

Has anyone ever tried this option and re-installing the 3.0.4 firmware to see if it somehow improves sound quality?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

I reinstall firmware 3.0.4  and then reset by hold multifunction button and reset Bluetooth 

sound quality of bass not changes .

Bose must to be solve this problem.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Bose chose to remove the option to revert to earlier firmwares for consumers due to a decision from corporate. You used to get a choice with at least 4 or 5. Then it became 2. Now it's only the current one. I believe it was the wrong choice.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2019

I am unable to pair my new android phone to my Bose Revolve.  I disconnected my old iPhone but when switching on the speaker it still says pairs to Liz's iPhone. The iPhone has been reset and has mi sim.  Just thought I think the settings have been saved in iCloud? 

Highlighted

Hello Lizzie, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site.

It sounds like your speaker is still paired to the phone. To set up a new connection, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker for a few seconds or until you see the Bluetooth LED begin to pulse blue. If you continue to have issues/no longer wish to connect to the iPhone, please press and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker for around 10 seconds. The device list will fully clear and you will be able to establish a new connection with your chosen device. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

@Jeff_G Is there any update for the devices which are going through issues like, connectivity problems, and sound problems. There seems to be no more updates from Bose or resolution for the users who are actually facing issues with the devices post upgrade to 3.0.4!

Highlighted

Hello aravindc, 

There have been a very small number of reports regarding this, and we were unable to replicate the issue on two units we tested in our office product room, regardless, we escalated this up the chain to our QA and Development team to get this looked into. We will update this thread with any news as soon as we get it.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

@Jeff_G can you tell me if there were any sound tweaks included in the 3.0.4 update? What changes were made that fall under "general cleaning under the hood"? It's not that my Bose now sounds bad, it still sounds good but I feel like there was a change in the bass level (reduced bass) as well as the overall volume level (it doesn't feel as loud at max volume). I think it would be great if you guys would incorporate an EQ in the Bose Connect app so that end users can adjust the sound to thier personal taste. The EQ could have a "Bose Default" button to set the sound back to the Bose reccomended settings. 

Highlighted

Hello Stephenr123,

Thanks for reaching out. 

To be completely honest, 3.0.4 has been an incredibly incremental update regarding changes. The changelog is as follows: 

Released 20 Aug 2019

Version: 3.0.4

Enhancements

• Improved Bluetooth® pairing process with Windows 10
  • Fixed bugs and did some general cleaning under the hood

These are the only changes that were made to the firmware. Despite this, we have as mentioned, escalated due to the reports above. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

That is not solving the problem. Maybe you should just admit you have no clue what to do and your solutions are not working. I own 4 revolve plus and they all do this. 1200 dollars I have invested. I am going to back to Amazon and give the product a 1 star review.